Roboworm Ned Worms

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Unimog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Roboworm Ned Worms

Post by Unimog » Thu May 10, 2018 5:32 am

I was excited when I saw roboworm was coming out with their line of ned worms since I really liked their other products. Ordered up about 10 bags in both the large and small sizes to try out thinking I’d go to them over the zman. I don’t think that will be happening.

First off the robos are huge compared to the zman in all aspects. The large size is about the size of a 5” senko but bigger around. Second and most important to me is they don’t float at all either rigged or just by themselves. I feel like this is a critical aspect of the ned rig and haven’t had the success with the robo that I do with the zman. Anyone else try them?

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Roboworm Ned Worms

Post by accodn2ryan » Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 am

I only bought 1 pack of the robo nedworms and haven't even tried them out yet because the zman's are still in tact after many fish hahah

I'm not sure if the robo nedworms have salt in them or not, but I think once the salt disappears after some time in the water, they should float, unless it's because they made them too thick.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Thu May 10, 2018 10:12 am

i bought a bunch of the roboworm ned worms as well, havent used them yet as i am still heavy into walleye fishing.

if they float, which i have seen a video of them doing (dont remember where) then awesome, but if they dont, do NOT doscount them. i catch a ton of fish, smallies, largies, walleyes, panfish, etc, everywhere i go on a 3' senko (or knockoff) on a 1/16 or 1/8 jighead, and the senkos dont float.

i have tested it throwing a green pumpkin trd, a green pumpkin 3" stick worm, and a green pumpkin trd tube, for 20 casts each, alternating them and starting with a different one each time so as not to have broken up the school or spooked fish, and the catch rates are about the same between the 3. some times showing a preference for 1 vs the others but usually they all get bit.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Im having way better success with robo neds than trds. Dont know why but my trds in the colors Ive tried dont catch me fish so their durability doent mean much to me.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 am

I have a few packs also, but I have not tried them.

Have you tried soaking them for a while to see what happens?

Unimog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Unimog » Fri May 11, 2018 5:40 am

Yes the one I put in the sink to look at had been fished with so I would think most of the salt had been dissolved out. I guess I’ll keep them around based on what you guys are saying.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri May 11, 2018 6:25 pm

I bought a few packs and am unimpressed with them as a MWF plastic, they have very poor durability on a jighead and don't get hit more often than the Zman stuff. I do think they will be great rigged weightless on a small EWG hook for slow moving water, fished like a sluggo. They are pretty heavy for their size and cast very well.

Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Warhawk » Fri May 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Ive been using an odd plastic for a NED rig. overstockbait.com has Z-Man 5” grubs cheap right now. Pink sparkle and copper penny colors only. They float just like a TRD, and stand straight up off the bottom on a shroom jig head. It’s kind of a dual threat bait, work it like a swimbait, or kill it and if falls to the bottom like a NED rig. And if the fish get finicky, cut the curly tail off and you’ve got a fatter TRD. The fish like it so far, and I just ordered several more bags.

https://goo.gl/images/P9G5vL

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat May 12, 2018 3:51 pm

You don't need a floating plastic or even have to fish the new on the bottom to get bit. I catch a ton just swimming it through the water column. I wouldn't give up on the baits yet.

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Tue May 22, 2018 6:57 am

The durability isn't there with these.
Andy

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm

i got to use these for the first time this past weekend, and they catch fish for sure, great colors, cast very well. did pretty well on the smallies, no giants but a few nice ones (with a couple walleyes thrown in)

they dont have much durability, didnt have a fish throw one, so i could bite them down a bit and fish them shorter and still get a few fish out of them (seemed to be 2-3, bite down and get a couple more). didnt notice if the float or not, water was dirty, didnt seem to matter much. they also outfished the 3" senko i usually throw, didnt throw a TRD to compare.

replica66[]
Angler
Angler

Post by replica66[] » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Why did you buy 10 bags without knowing what the worms were like beforehand? You should have just bought one bag of each size and tried them out first. Oh well, it's just money..

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm

I prefer the Trd because of durability and it’s cost effective. I do like the roboworm Ned Worms just because they have the bold bluegill color which is a big killer.