Duo Realis Nomase Gill

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Duo Realis Nomase Gill

Post by Garfisher » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:07 am

While perusing Facebook yesterday, I came across a post from Duo which piqued my interest. There was a video of a new bait coming out that night, and after constantly checking YouTube all of yesterday and a bit of this morning, the video was posted.

https://youtu.be/mDHfiDnHGIk

And with further searching;

http://duo-inc.co.jp/fieldreport/field1 ... 171649.php

It appears to be a new soft-bodied lipless crank/blade bait with an internal ballast system with multiple embedded eyelets, with the bait being 2 1/4" long and 2/7oz (just shy of 5/16oz). My best guess is that it'll be released either late this year or as a 2019 release, and that it could be in a package of multiple considering it's a soft plastic bait, although there's no boot tail to be ripped off so it may hold up longer in terms of short strikes or small fish nipping at it. Either way it's a very interesting bait that I may have to add to the tacklebox 8-)

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Duo Realis Nomase Gill

Post by Garfisher » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 am

Just as an update for anybody interested, here are the colors it will be released in (in Japan anyways, no idea what colors may be available here):
https://backlashjapan.co/2018/09/05/duo-nomase-gill/
I personally like the bluegill/sunfish colors, but of course all the local waterbodies here are very clear.

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Garfisher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 pm

One more update:

In the newest Duo catalog, the Nomase Gill is in it, with a release in August of this year. However, these were released in Japan in November, and I have my hands on a couple that I got from eBay. I intend on fishing them for bass and walleye once things warm up, and the seasons allow for it.

I do like the looks of them, and they are a little smaller than I had imagined (although I'm not sure how large I was thinking they were going to be considering they're 56mm or 2 1/4" in length). Plastic seems fairly stretchy, although I didn't test it to the limit as I didn't want to tear the tail off accidentally on a bait I waited so long to grab. Although I imagine the bait would work fine without some of the tail since the action of the bait comes from the head/back of the bait. The baits didn't smell as much I thought they would which is a nice bonus. Another bonus is they have included a weedless hook with the bait to use, I never got around to looking at the hook but I imagine if the hook isn't the best, there's lots of other options with buying hooks.

Last but not least, they were a little over $8 on eBay for each bait (plus shipping), so I imagine when they are released they would be around that. If they work and they can hold up to a good number of fish, then the Nomase Gill could be a very good bait, I will find out anyways :lol:

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Garfisher I'm replying to end the one way conversation here :lol:

Is this a DS bait?

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Garfisher » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Figured I had to eventually get a reply from someone other than myself :lol:
While the bait overall is intended to be fished like a blade bait, there is a video that shows one of the pro staff dropshotting it, I've started it at the rigging section though (do mind this is entirely in Japanese and I would imagine it would basically be visual-only learning as it has been for me :lol: ):
https://youtu.be/jR_jt_KxOnw?t=415
There is an internal weight in the bait with embedded eyelets (as kind of shown in the video and attached below), one located on top (and the exposed one on bottom) for fishing it like a blade bait, and another which is in front of the eye for what I imagine is specifically for dropshotting.
Attachments
s-l400.gif
s-l400.gif (76.39 KiB) Viewed 5883 times