reins ring craw

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

reins ring craw

Post by antoniolopez944 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the reins ring craw. My primary texas rig/jig trailer is the strike king rage craw. I was curious about this craw after seeing some online videos. I was thinking these would be perfect for upper potomac small mouth. I have these in the cart, but I just wanted to see how everyone felt about them.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: reins ring craw

Post by slime king » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Great bait and one of my cold water go to trailers.I run them on both a football head and standard casting jig. In warmer water I prefer a chigger craw or paca craw when I want more action but in cold water the ring craw rules.

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: reins ring craw

Post by Brad in Texas » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:10 am

And, while you are placing your order, if you also throw a wacky rigged worm, get some of the larger Reins Cross Swamp worms.

For anyone who hasn't seen these, they are the "X" shaped worms (the "X" lying on its side) and when you rig them on a wacky hook properly, they float down through the water column a bit like a butterfly flapping its wings in slow motion.

If fish are hitting plastics during a slow drop, I think this one is even better than a Senko.

Too, pretty effective sped up a bit with a weighted wacky hook/jig head; but, I'd use a light one so the drop isn't too fast negating the flapping motion.

Brad