Line twist

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Line twist

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:16 pm

I been drop shotting for a few years now and have noticed my braid will get a lot of line twist, check your leader knot
when you reel up your drop shot, that is how I noticed it, the braid is spun tight.
I usually remove this by cutting off my leader and letting 50 yards trail behind my boat....

I make sure my baits are as strait as possible, I flip my bail by hand (always have)

I wonder if going to a swivel would be the best option, I have also used the VMC spin shot but I don't feel like
my drop shot gets the right action using that hook.

Maybe I will give the spro power swivel a try.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Line twist

Post by toddmc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Swivels help, but you will still get some line twist. Take your worm off and fire a long cast out reeling in the line between your fingers. You may need to do this multiple times. This will help eliminate twist without cutting your leader off. I do this regularly throughout the day. You will need to do this less often if you use a swivel.