Favorite paddletails?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Mothra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Favorite paddletails?

Post by Mothra » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 am

What do you like to use for a swim jig and/or just on the back of a ball jig head?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite paddletails?

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:06 am

Jackall Rhythm Wave and Keitech Fat Swing Impact

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 am

River Rock Custom Baits RR Striker!!! Awesome colors and great action on super light jigs.
Barlow's Tackle

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 pm

I've used so many. I have more paddle tails in my bag than any one person should, including a butt load of JDM baits. Here's a short list of my favorites / most productive.
Jackall Rhythm Wave
Fish Arrow Airbag shad (hollow)
Sawamura one up shad
River rock baits Stryker (soft)
OSP Dolive shad (very soft)
These are in no particular order. All have incredible action at any speed. I throw paddle tails A LOT.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 am

My favorite paddletail is the Reaction Innovations Skinny Dipper. My favorite swim jig is 4 x 4 Brandon McMillan Signature Series Swim Jig. If i'm going finesse I like the Pepper Custom Baits Micro Jig with a Lunker City Swimming Ribster.
Recently tried the Kietech Swing Impact Fat. Really like them.
The Jackall Rhythm Wave looks good, I will have to give them a try.
Last edited by spencerinstl on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:15 am

Texas rigged paddletails with a very light slip sinker can be the deal in south Florida at times. Most of my success has come on the skinny dipper. This fall I bought some of the zoom paddletails and the action is very nice. I catch many bass on zoom uvibes so I know the smell of the zoom plastic is OK. Have yet to fish them in a serious environment. If they work, it will be great as they are a fraction of the cost of most paddletail swimbaits

Centipede
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Centipede » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 am

Keitech Fat Swing Impact. Once you see how slowly you can swim them and have the tail move the rest just don't cut it.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Centipede wrote:Keitech Fat Swing Impact. Once you see how slowly you can swim them and have the tail move the rest just don't cut it.
There are some others as well - most of them being JDM

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brad in Texas » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:52 pm

I see Keitech mentioned several times . . . but not its Easy Shiner. Maybe I missed it in another post. I've never used anything with better tail action. I actually prefer to throw mine unweighted where I can run it at various heights in the water column more easily. Nearly weedless, this way, and a big asset where I fish.

I prefer it over the Swing Impacts, another fine paddle tail for sure.

Brad

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Centipede wrote:Keitech Fat Swing Impact. Once you see how slowly you can swim them and have the tail move the rest just don't cut it.
x2

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:12 am

The Keitech Swing Impact Fat is easily the best out there, but it's probably the priciest too. A few high quality knockoffs are out there.

Jackall Rythym Wave
Rage Tail Swimmer
Eco Pro Swing Shad
Bass Pro Speed Shad
Reaction Innovation Dipper series
Gene Larew Sweet Swimmer
Netbait Spanky
Molix RA Shad
And if you want a little different look, the Lake Fork Magic Shads are a solid choice.

I've used all of these and they all catch fish.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:33 am

Definitely prefer the Jackall Rhythm Wave. Better durability than the Keitech, better profile, cheaper and that tail keeps kicking strong even when slow rolled as sloooow as you can. Never had a fish take the tail off a Rhythm Wave, happens all the time with the Keitech.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:42 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:Definitely prefer the Jackall Rhythm Wave. Better durability than the Keitech, better profile, cheaper and that tail keeps kicking strong even when slow rolled as sloooow as you can. Never had a fish take the tail off a Rhythm Wave, happens all the time with the Keitech.
I agree 100%
There are equally good baits out there. As I stated earlier, just have to turn to the JDM market :big grin:

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm

I like the EZ Shiner over the Fat Swing Impact in more finesse or post frontal situations. Use the 4" EZ Shiner and on the Fat Swing Impact I like the 3.8 and 4.3. Got some 4.8 and 5.8 to try this year too. I usually fish them on 1/4 or 3/8oz jigheads - the revenge ones are nice but expensive. A cheaper alternative I found are the Picasso heads.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Brad in Texas wrote:I see Keitech mentioned several times . . . but not its Easy Shiner. Maybe I missed it in another post. I've never used anything with better tail action. I actually prefer to throw mine unweighted where I can run it at various heights in the water column more easily. Nearly weedless, this way, and a big asset where I fish.

I prefer it over the Swing Impacts, another fine paddle tail for sure.

Brad

Man, I love those things too, but they've got to be the most fragile plastics out there. They're not too expensive so I don't mind running through a pack or too, but it's infurating to loose one to say a lillypad or have the tail pecked off by a 3" long bluegill.