Favorite paddletails?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Favorite paddletails?

Post by Brad in Texas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am

I think I have had a few issues with the Keitech Easy Shiners, too, where I lose the paddle tail, reel back in a paraplegic.

But, one that I will NOT fish around bluegills, if they are present, is a Yamamoto Single Tail Grub in a smaller size. It has the best swimming action of any such grub I have ever tossed; but, I lose tails on almost everything I throw, I suppose about 3 out of 4. They are much worse for me than the Keitechs.

What often makes these small plastics winners is the thinness and elasticity of the plastic between the body and the tail. Both of the plastic baits have great action in the water . . . but you can have your retirement savings "pecked away" by these little savage beasts called panfish.

Brad

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:32 am

Gambler EZ
<")))><{

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Garfisher » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 am

Big Bite Baits 4" Swimming Jerk Minnows work nicely, I've caught smallies, largies, pike, drum, and lake trout (the only two I've ever caught ice fishing) on them either on a jighead or as a chatterbait trailer (more for largies and pike).

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mokujon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 am

Kietech Swing Impact Fat. Can't wait to get the new morning dawn color. I just got some of the black and blues and can't wait to get out and try them out too.

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Mon May 21, 2018 10:24 am

I've taken a shine to the Easy Shiner 4" up here in Missouri.
Andy

Dangerfield
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dangerfield » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

I'm really digging the Biospawn Exoswim 4" - I out fished my brother in law who was using a Keitech Impact Fat Swimg 4.3. Mind you, I was using a Dirty Jigs 1/2oz California Swim Jig (Tactical Trout) and he had a white Gambler 1/4oz jig head. I own Keitechs, they're great, but they don't hold up very long, 2-3 fish and they're done. Bass Assassin and Jackall both make a good Impact Fat Swing knock offs.

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:53 am

Kietech Swing Impac....they flat out catch fish.....only thing I dislike is their durability ](*,)

gumbygold
Angler
Angler

Post by gumbygold » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:46 am

Big Joshy, Silktreuse and slush are great colors and these flat out catch fish.

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Keitech shiners for me. old beat up ones on my swim jigs

Reservoir
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reservoir » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Jackall rhythm tail is my favorite, killer bait on a seedless weighted hook.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Found a new one that I believe will trump all my favorites including, Rhythm Wave, Exoswim, Fat Rockvibe and One up shad.
BOTTOMUP VOLUP SWIMMER
That's right, I wrote in caps. Because it's BAD A$$. This thing thumps and rolls like no other. Rod tip vibrates on a slow straight retrieve with fluoro. Plastic density and consistency is perfection.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 pm

My fav swimbait is the almighty Keitech easy shiner.I know they are fragile but when you lose the tail you can use what's left as a fluke or a drop shot minnow and even a power minnow.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Just received a package of Hideup Stagger originals to try. Anyone using these? The bellies are completely flat. Looking forward to seeing how they swim.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:13 pm

Brad in Texas wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am
I think I have had a few issues with the Keitech Easy Shiners, too, where I lose the paddle tail, reel back in a paraplegic.

But, one that I will NOT fish around bluegills, if they are present, is a Yamamoto Single Tail Grub in a smaller size. It has the best swimming action of any such grub I have ever tossed; but, I lose tails on almost everything I throw, I suppose about 3 out of 4. They are much worse for me than the Keitechs.

What often makes these small plastics winners is the thinness and elasticity of the plastic between the body and the tail. Both of the plastic baits have great action in the water . . . but you can have your retirement savings "pecked away" by these little savage beasts called panfish.

Brad
Try the Elaztech model that best matches the shape you prefer. I like Laminate SwimmerZ.
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z-Man_L ... MANSW.html

If any of you want a trailer for a big spinner bait or chatterbait, then Yama Swim Senkos are the juice. Don't know why, they just work better.
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Yamamot ... e-YSS.html

DaveJ

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:56 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:20 pm
Found a new one that I believe will trump all my favorites including, Rhythm Wave, Exoswim, Fat Rockvibe and One up shad.
BOTTOMUP VOLUP SWIMMER
That's right, I wrote in caps. Because it's BAD A$$. This thing thumps and rolls like no other. Rod tip vibrates on a slow straight retrieve with fluoro. Plastic density and consistency is perfection.
Sweet jesus those look insane.Im buying a ton of those for spring.