Favorite paddletails?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Favorite paddletails?

Postby Brad in Texas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am

I think I have had a few issues with the Keitech Easy Shiners, too, where I lose the paddle tail, reel back in a paraplegic.

But, one that I will NOT fish around bluegills, if they are present, is a Yamamoto Single Tail Grub in a smaller size. It has the best swimming action of any such grub I have ever tossed; but, I lose tails on almost everything I throw, I suppose about 3 out of 4. They are much worse for me than the Keitechs.

What often makes these small plastics winners is the thinness and elasticity of the plastic between the body and the tail. Both of the plastic baits have great action in the water . . . but you can have your retirement savings "pecked away" by these little savage beasts called panfish.

Brad

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby LgMouthGambler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:32 am

Gambler EZ
<")))><{

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Garfisher » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 am

Big Bite Baits 4" Swimming Jerk Minnows work nicely, I've caught smallies, largies, pike, drum, and lake trout (the only two I've ever caught ice fishing) on them either on a jighead or as a chatterbait trailer (more for largies and pike).

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby mokujon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 am

Kietech Swing Impact Fat. Can't wait to get the new morning dawn color. I just got some of the black and blues and can't wait to get out and try them out too.

Drew03cmc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Drew03cmc » Mon May 21, 2018 10:24 am

I've taken a shine to the Easy Shiner 4" up here in Missouri.
Andy

Return to “Plastics”