Who's Using a DIY Sprinker?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Basspastor
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Who's Using a DIY Sprinker?

Post by Basspastor » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

In case you aren't aware, there are multiple video's on You Tube about how to make your own Sprinker style frog. I have made a couple using Spro bodies and a split ring on the hook holding the swivel and the tail. I've found that the tail off a Storm Wildeye Swim Shad works the best of the tails I have tried so far.

My hook up to strike ratio is probably running around 40% with 20% of the fish missing the lure completely.

What kind of set up are you using and how's it working for you?
Bass Pundit Blog

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Who's Using a DIY Sprinker?

Post by mokujon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:34 pm

I've been using booyah frogs with eco pro tungsten swinbait tails. So far they've been working great.

Basspastor
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Who's Using a DIY Sprinker?

Post by Basspastor » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:22 am

So I bought a package of the real Teckel Tails on eBay for $13 (4 Tails in a pack) and also from the guy who's making his own tails and selling them on eBay. The real Teckel Tails make the best plopping sound, but the first hit I had stole the tail, Doh! :doh: Those guys tails are't quite as loud as the Teckel as the plastic is softer, but still make a pretty consistent muted plopping sound if you get it going the right speed. I am saving the 3 remaining Teckel Tails for tournament day and will be using those other guys from now on. I also put a Helicopter Lure I had laying around and caught a 29.5" pike on it. I've missed the other 5 or 6 hits I've had on the Helicopter Lure.
Bass Pundit Blog