GY Senko good alternatives?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
djd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: GY Senko good alternatives?

Post by djd » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 am

Haven't used GYCB products in years.... Can't justify the price for a bait that tears that easy and IMHO doesn't catch any more fish than a YUM Dinger, Gambler Ace, or some other knock offs I've purchased at 1/2 the price of GYCB. Skipping a T-Rigged GYCB Senko is akin to burning money. :doh:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm

I used the Gander Mountain ones for a while. Pretty good bait. I would only use GYCB senkos in the smaller sizes because the do shimmer a noticeable amount better than the off brand.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:04 pm

I use big bite baits....cheap...durable.
Haven't bought a senko in years....hell..it's been 2 years since I bought a swim senko

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Yum Dinger! Or better yet, the Wacky Worm Wacko...made locally in PA and they happen to be the best I have ever used. Call Lou and check out the colors/prices/quantity and they will bang-for-buck beat out anything I have thrown in the Senko style.

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by antoniolopez944 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Honestly I have not found a replacement for the gary senko, but I have found uses where a yum dinger is actually better. The gary senko produces more fish for me but the dinger is no slouch. I love to pitch senkos into cover to see if theres a fish I missed with my jig hiding under there. Yum dingers come into play for me when I'm targeting suspended fish in off shore cover, where I want a slightly lower rate of fall. I have found this useful for when the senko falls a little to quick and the fish needs an extra second to look at it. Personally though I seem to do better on jig :lol:

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:55 am

poisonokie wrote:Also, do yourself a favor and get a wacky o ring tool. They're a great money saving investment.
+1 ^