Favorite tube

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Favorite tube

Post by JigginOG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:25 pm

I've been chasing smallies in the Great Lakes here in the north. They seem to prefer a tube over a jig or a craw imitation lure.
Currently using the SK 3.5 coffee tubes. Curious to know what's out there.
As the title states, what's your favorite?
What's the senko of tubes?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite tube

Post by smalljaw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:25 am

A small company out of Virginia, River Rock Custom Baits, they have the best tubes I ever used. They make a standard and a pro tube, hand dipped and soft, you go through more of them but I never had a fish drop one. The standard is a normal size tube while the pro model is a triple dipped tube, that is what you want on the Great Lakes, I use the 2.75" and the 3.5" most of the time, blue craw, summer craw, and dark melon candy are my favorite colors but dark special, a really dark brown with a coffee scent is tough to beat no matter what the conditions are.
Barlow's Tackle

JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JigginOG » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks,
I'll check them out.

Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Quillback » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:58 am

I really like Dry Creek double dipped tubes.

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

ISG Dream Tubes, they're quad dipped, and Poor Boy's Tubes. Both have great colors. The fatter quad-dipped tube has caught me some big smallies.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:55 am

smalljaw wrote:A small company out of Virginia, River Rock Custom Baits, they have the best tubes I ever used. They make a standard and a pro tube, hand dipped and soft, you go through more of them but I never had a fish drop one. The standard is a normal size tube while the pro model is a triple dipped tube, that is what you want on the Great Lakes, I use the 2.75" and the 3.5" most of the time, blue craw, summer craw, and dark melon candy are my favorite colors but dark special, a really dark brown with a coffee scent is tough to beat no matter what the conditions are.
Absolutely. They're the only tubes I own (a ton). If one is as picky as I am regarding length, diameter, wall thickness etc Robert can do whatever one has conjured up in their head.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:47 am

Mini tubes work all year long, im always test and experimenting tubes on Southetn Lake Michigan and I like mass produced mini tubes netbait and xzone manufacturer but still have great quality colors, plastics and good skirts. Gitzit slender tube is a must have in tough conditions.

Howie's tackle in Sturgeon Bay has some of the finest hand poured tubes made for big lakes anglers. Salty and a bit bulkier than most mini tubes and offer the colors you love and ones you will fall in love with.

I think the sales from the tubes pays the rent at howies.