Favorite plastics for jika rig

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Favorite plastics for jika rig

Post by TK_duluthbass » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 am

What's your favorite jika rig plastic? I've had most of my jika catches on a 6" Yamamoto twin tail grub. I really haven't tried too much besides the grubs and the Biwaa Armorded Craw, which looked really good. I plan on throwing brush hogs, culprit incredicraw, tubes, and psycho dad's this season.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite plastics for jika rig

Post by poisonokie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 am

Yuki bug. I'm running out though. Good thing they're durable. The Owner JR minnows are great, too. I have even fewer of those.... Also, the rage tail shellcracker, structure craw or db craw, whatever it is, and the regular rage craws. Swing Impact fats are great on any rig. Megabass Dot Crawlers work really well. And beaver style baits. And brush hogs, you're on the right track there. I haven't tried it, but i bet a fluke would work well. I don't know. The possibilities are practically endless. Jig Rigs are my favorite bait to flip and pitch to pockets in mats or nooks and crannies around rip-rap. The heavier weights will punch through about anything, too.
This is the way.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:24 am

When the "Jika Rig" is rigged up properly, the weight acts like a "Crayfish Tail" folding in and out. Tip the "Jika Rig" with a 4" Berkley Powerbait Chigger Craw in Green Pumpkin, or Pumpkin Green Flake or use a 4" Berkley Havoc Pit Boss in "Vampire Orange". I also like the "Summer Crawdad Color." A great way to fish it is to drag it slowly along the bottom, imitating a "Crayfish" just creeping along the bottom.

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mokujon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Big Bite Baits Dean Rojas WarMouth is an absolute killer!!!!!!!!!!!!

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:15 pm

I do really well with a Yamamoto Fat Baby Craw

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lzeil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:18 pm

chigger craws & roboworms

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Owner Yuki Bug is the best in my opinion. I am glad i bought over 60 packs on the bugs alone in the clearance on Tacklewarehouse. Not sharing :talk hand:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 pm

The Keitech Crazy Flapper is perfect for it. I'm thinking the Noisy Flapper toad style bait would be great too, especially around mats.
This is the way.