Daiwa and Yamamoto Collaboration

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa and Yamamoto Collaboration

Post by big_gee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 am

I thought the new Project T video was interesting with Daiwa coming out with new plastics at the Classic with the Yamamoto Collaboration.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa and Yamamoto Collaboration

Post by daiwafan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm

I understand that some new Daiwa/Yamamoto products were introduced at the Classic but I cant find a dang thing about them other than the Project T video 9 and 10. My Daiwa contact says that they should be in dealers within the next couple of weeks.
I am really interested in the Neko Fat 5, as it appears to be a Senko with a narrower section before the wider tail. It should wiggle to beat the band.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 am

Yeah I talked to my contact and even he said he is waiting to hear more about them and when they should have them.
One of the guys from Daiwa posted a picture of some of the baits at the classic but I will be interested in seeing them in hand.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:39 am

daiwafan wrote:I understand that some new Daiwa/Yamamoto products were introduced at the Classic but I cant find a dang thing about them other than the Project T video 9 and 10. My Daiwa contact says that they should be in dealers within the next couple of weeks.
I am really interested in the Neko Fat 5, as it appears to be a Senko with a narrower section before the wider tail. It should wiggle to beat the band.
Interested in the Neko Fat 5 too. Was going to stock up on some more senkos but decided not to because I want to try these out. Hopefully they will be available soon.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 am

Brett talks about some of the baits on this TW video. There is also a new project T video talking about the baits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqGIjRuozBk

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 am

TW now caries them but they are under the Yamamoto brand. I kept looking under Daiwa. I will be putting in an order for sure.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:36 am

Ordered the neko fat 5 from TW and they should be here Friday. Got a trip to Buggs Island the following Friday and hope to try the out then.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 am

I just ordered some myself and should have them tomorrow.

Daiwafan let me know what you think of them. I plan on fishing them this weekend myself.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:37 am

I have fished the fat 5 some and caught a few on the bait so far. This bait seems to have a more erratic fall than a regular senko when weightless Texas rigged. The design of the tail also seems to give the bait a unique and more active wiggle. Unfortunately I have not yet really gotten on a good senko bite yet to compare the two directly. Yet