Basstrix baits breaking down question

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Basstrix baits breaking down question

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 am

As I've been cleaning up and getting rid of some gear, I noticed a shoe box sized plastic container with about 5 or 6 boxes of unfished Basstrix paddle tail baits. However, the baits were now in liquid, possibly of no use. Is this the plastisol or some other chemical breaking down (for lack of a better term)?

Curious if anyone else has had this experience...

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Basstrix baits breaking down question

Post by toddmc » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:37 pm

It happens. I only have about half a dozen packages of Basstrix swimbaits. All have been left in the plastic box and all have a liquid that leaks all over the rest of my swimbaits. I would have a dedicated box if I fished more of them. I don't know what the chemical makeup of the liquid is.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 am

Yeah, I looked again last night and the baits still look usable, but the liquid is a mess. I guess I can drain the box and use the baits. I'll note to keep them in a separate box going forward should I buy anymore.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 am

they get oily for some reason. It might have to do with the paint that they coat over with a layer of plastic.

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 am

I have noticed the same thing