Lunkerhunt Frogs

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
lostboy45b
Angler
Angler

Lunkerhunt Frogs

Post by lostboy45b » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:27 am

Has anyone had any experience with these frogs? If so what is your opinion of them and how did they perform compared to any other frog?

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lunkerhunt Frogs

Post by papabassin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm

I bought 2 in the spring: Bull Frog & Pearl. Tied the Bull Frog on this summer. 5 casts, 2 bass, 1 leg lost. It was unfortunate because it seemed like the bass were all over it, but the durability was definitely lacking...at least on the one I used. The body is super soft and the hook up ratio seemed strong with limited use (2/2). Never ended up tying the white one on...but in retrospect, maybe some super glue could have helped the legs stay on.

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:55 pm

I bought one on sale. Used it twice, got some blow ups. Think I landed two fish. I really wasn't impressed. In the package it looks good. However I catch more fish on rage toads, and spro frogs.

Lafayette
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Lafayette » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

In fact you have 4 models of lunkerhunt frogs which differ in sizes and actions but share the same "kicking legs"
-Lunkerhunt froglet
http://www.basspro.com/Lunkerhunt-Pocke ... 300611364/
-Lunkerhunt lunker frog
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lunkerhu ... LKRFG.html
-Lunkerhunt combat frog
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lunkerhu ... CMBTF.html
-Lunkerhunt popping frog
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lunkerhu ... POPFG.html

As a frog addict, I have bought and tried all the 4 models but would not recommend any of them, especially if you have to pay attention to your lures budget.

The design and paint job of this frogs are great, they are incredibly imitative and attract and catch fishs for sure BUT the manifacturing quality is absolutely terrible.

The legs fall very very easily and most of time after the first strike, the frog litterally drinks water and sink before the end of the first retrieve, the hooks were not sharp on the ones I bought.

If lunkerhunt corrected these defects I would be the first to fill my box with these frogs.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 am

They don't seem to cast as far in my experience.. those legs create a lot of wind resistance. Can't beat the realism though.

Brock_v2145
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Brock_v2145 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:05 am

I walk my frogs a lot and mainly run spros and live targets I had a couple of these but they didnt cast far nor did they have any type of walking action. I think that was because of the legs. Long story short got one stuck in a tree and the other broke and I wont buy any more

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:13 am

The popping frogs aren't bad at all.
The tiny ones are great spring and fall.

Mostly set on live targets and spros. Really no need to look at anything else other than the >.....OOOOOH piece of candy effect

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am

Not the biggest fan of these. First cast with one the leg came off and the hookup ratio isnt really there for me...

Dangerfield
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dangerfield » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:50 am

Avoid them like the plague, guzzle water and are very fragile as others have stated. I gave the white combat frog a fair shake in some lillys and no luck. The action is odd but I found a straight retrieve worked best. Still reaching for my R2S Bully Wa first, Live Target a 2nd. Haven't tried the Bronzeye yet.

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mokujon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Trash. They look great but perform terrible. Super fragile and not worth spending money on imo.