Fat Ika rigging

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fat Ika rigging

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:27 am

Ive also had problems with the open eye of Owner hooks. I use a toothpick to put a drop of 5 minute epoxy in the gap and it has worked well, no more break offs at all.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:Ive also had problems with the open eye of Owner hooks. I use a toothpick to put a drop of 5 minute epoxy in the gap and it has worked well, no more break offs at all.
That's a good solution also. Anything to fill that gap is a good idea.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:58 am

mark poulson wrote:The snell knot works great with the epoxy. It is a much smoother bump than the picture on TW shows.
I had an Owner deal for while and I used their hooks as much as I could. I do remember that bump being smaller when I saw those VMC hooks in a shop before. The various hook companies have been really innovating because the market has become so competitive. It's time to try some of the other hook companies inventions.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:53 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:Ive also had problems with the open eye of Owner hooks. I use a toothpick to put a drop of 5 minute epoxy in the gap and it has worked well, no more break offs at all.
I'd suggest you try Bondic or another UV cure adhesive. Bondic is everywhere; the other stuff can be found at a fly shop. Tons of uses...