Jackall Rhythm Wave

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Jackall Rhythm Wave

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:33 am

I went out this morning and managed 2 more fish and it sliced open where the hook comes out so 9 bass in all on the first wave.
I also used MEND-IT to repair the slice so it is good to go another round. As long as the tail doesnt get bit off should be able to mend-it repeatedly.

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:13 am

i'm surprised you managed that many on one. after 2 fish mine were already tearing up pretty bad. all that aside, the action is very good. let it drop near cover and just give it a pop and fish would always hit it on the fall.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 am

These have quickly become my new favorite swimbait. Rigged with a line thru setup, I've been catching anywhere from 25-35 speckled trout on each one. The swimming action is better than anything I've seen besides Keitechs, has a nice tail kick and more of a slithering action to the body as it swims. I can slow roll these as slow as possible, and still have GREAT action. The line thru setup is awesome, rarely miss fish and never lose them once hooked up. Been using a 1/4-1/2oz DOA insert weight and it's the perfect package. The 5-7lb trout have been choking it down. Can't wait to use this at the lake.

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 am

Really like using the smaller sizes for smallmouth in cold weather...

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:27 am

Its a decent option for when your keitech stash is depleted or if your rookie buddies are loosing to many good keitechs!

I think they do an okay job. The 3.8 is a solid dor both finesse swimbait fishing and has a harder thumping tails that keitech baits so it work grwar as spinnwrbait, swimjig, chatterbait trailer.

The 3.8 Rhythm Wave can outdo the Keitech swing impact fat 3.8 by putting off strongest thumping vibrations which excels in low clarity water conditions, during night fishing, and through weeds.

Keitexh is made for slow subtlety finesse fishing where the rhythm wave can draw attention better to its location better through tail thumbs!

The are also way more durable than keitechs but i still superglue jackall swims to jig heads!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:55 pm

ChubbyGoby28 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:27 am
Its a decent option for when your keitech stash is depleted or if your rookie buddies are loosing to many good keitechs!

I think they do an okay job. The 3.8 is a solid dor both finesse swimbait fishing and has a harder thumping tails that keitech baits so it work grwar as spinnwrbait, swimjig, chatterbait trailer.

The 3.8 Rhythm Wave can outdo the Keitech swing impact fat 3.8 by putting off strongest thumping vibrations which excels in low clarity water conditions, during night fishing, and through weeds.

Keitexh is made for slow subtlety finesse fishing where the rhythm wave can draw attention better to its location better through tail thumbs!

The are also way more durable than keitechs but i still superglue jackall swims to jig heads!
It remains my most productive paddle tail for smallies. And I'm honestly not a big fan of Keitech, though I do like tossing a crazy flapper on the same set up from time to time - something a little different.
I use the OSP Dolive Shad and a bait from River Rock customs instead of the easy shiner. A few others I always have on hand -
Gan Craft Bariki Shad
Hideup Volup Swimmer
Biospawn Exoswim

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Let me rephrase my Jackall after rethinking it.

I think the keitech fat 2.8 and Easier shiners excel in the olders water temperatures lie high 30's and 40 degree temps. I find the that a keitech crawled dead slow coaxes picky cold water smallies into biting with the sublte light tail imparting action in clear water.

I've check my computer nots and have found that the Jackall 2.8 seemed to produce more that my 2.8 fat in water temps over 50 degrees. My top colors for the 2.8 were sexy shad in clear water, and gold flake in muddy water. on great lakes tributaries the white 2.8 was a big time hit.

I stopped throwing them after 2 years because I couldn't find the jig head I liked because the nose didnt seem to sung up flash with most of my traditional ball head jigs used on Keitech 2.8. I can see that cool megabass head fitting it well.

But I have boxes of mass Jackall's I need to start using this year.

What are your favorite jig heads that fish the 2.8'' to your specifications?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:21 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 am
These have quickly become my new favorite swimbait. Rigged with a line thru setup, I've been catching anywhere from 25-35 speckled trout on each one. The swimming action is better than anything I've seen besides Keitechs, has a nice tail kick and more of a slithering action to the body as it swims. I can slow roll these as slow as possible, and still have GREAT action. The line thru setup is awesome, rarely miss fish and never lose them once hooked up. Been using a 1/4-1/2oz DOA insert weight and it's the perfect package. The 5-7lb trout have been choking it down. Can't wait to use this at the lake.

=D> =D> \:D/
going to have to learn to do this..I appreciate the shared knowledge
I have been using the JRW for a while but not with the line through.. even still Keitech is over rated.. IMHO
These things are better than the Gambler ez family by far..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:42 am

ChubbyGoby28 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:21 pm
Let me rephrase my Jackall after rethinking it.

I think the keitech fat 2.8 and Easier shiners excel in the olders water temperatures lie high 30's and 40 degree temps. I find the that a keitech crawled dead slow coaxes picky cold water smallies into biting with the sublte light tail imparting action in clear water.

I've check my computer nots and have found that the Jackall 2.8 seemed to produce more that my 2.8 fat in water temps over 50 degrees. My top colors for the 2.8 were sexy shad in clear water, and gold flake in muddy water. on great lakes tributaries the white 2.8 was a big time hit.

I stopped throwing them after 2 years because I couldn't find the jig head I liked because the nose didnt seem to sung up flash with most of my traditional ball head jigs used on Keitech 2.8. I can see that cool megabass head fitting it well.

But I have boxes of mass Jackall's I need to start using this year.

What are your favorite jig heads that fish the 2.8'' to your specifications?
I don't fish the 2.8 much, unless I strap one on a small Jackall Derabreak or 1/8 oz underspin.