Jackall Rhythm Wave

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Jackall Rhythm Wave

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Anybody using these yet? Do they catch fish :lol: ? Impressions / comparisons.......

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Jackall_ ... -JRWS.html

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Jackall Rhythm Wave

Post by cndbasshunter » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 pm

really likign them so far, got a nice erratic dart to it on a back of a chatterbait and works nice just with a football head. The action is less thumping to keitech but has more roll and tail kick.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:45 am

cndbasshunter wrote:really likign them so far, got a nice erratic dart to it on a back of a chatterbait and works nice just with a football head. The action is less thumping to keitech but has more roll and tail kick.
Right on. I'm gonna snag a bag. How's the durability?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:21 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:really likign them so far, got a nice erratic dart to it on a back of a chatterbait and works nice just with a football head. The action is less thumping to keitech but has more roll and tail kick.
Right on. I'm gonna snag a bag. How's the durability?
hm...same as keitech, very soft :evil: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:23 am

That middle to tail portion of the bait looked similar to swim senko. I have 2 bags en route from TW. I love paddle tail swimbaits so I couldn't resist. Also have the Rage Tail swimmer coming as well. Neither will probably replace the Keitech baits I use, but rather add a few more options from a color/profile/action standpoint.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:07 am

I got 2 packages from TW and I find that they smell like rotting pond weed , skunky smelling. Anybody else think this?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:26 am

tditox4 wrote:I got 2 packages from TW and I find that they smell like rotting pond weed , skunky smelling. Anybody else think this?
that's the best scent...the chunk craws have the same scent, fish love them.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:06 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
tditox4 wrote:I got 2 packages from TW and I find that they smell like rotting pond weed , skunky smelling. Anybody else think this?
that's the best scent...the chunk craws have the same scent, fish love them.
Cover Craws are identical to this. Nastiest scent I've ever smelled. I only put up with it because they catch fish.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:14 am

Two packages just arrived. Going to toss them around tonight. The smell isn't that bad. They smell like stale, cold McDonald's french fries to me. The Keitech squid scent is more nasty and potent to my smeller.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:29 am

I just got some as well with some others to try out.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:05 am

Those 3/0 Owner inshore swimbait jigs are my favorite non custom poured hooks. Very nice. Wish they had a few more color choices.

Tavery5
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tavery5 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Those 3/0 Owner inshore swimbait jigs are my favorite non custom poured hooks. Very nice. Wish they had a few more color choices.
If you use the white ones, you can pop the eyes out and heat in an oven and powder paint whatever color you want right over the top.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Was able to fish it for a few hours this evening. I like them. Seems more durable than Keitech to me. Caught a few fish and the bait held up rather well. It didn't want to slide down the shank of the hook like the Fat Impacts do. The body is a little thicker and wide, and the plastic seems more robust. Not as soft and squishy as a Keitech. I would imagine they weigh a little more than the equivalent size Keitech as well. So all and all a tougher body with the same as or close to tail movement as a Fat Impact is a win in my book. Hopefully the fish think so too :D

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:58 am

I echo all Hog says about the Wave. Caught 7 today (could have been more) with one Wave and its still in good shape. Nary an adustment had to be made after a catch it stayed in position quite well.
The Owner jig though let me down 3 times, two fish lost after hookset during fight back and one flopped off just as I got it on shore. Not a good beginning for giving Owner another shot cause my past Owner hooks experiences were pretty much the same results, lost fish. The past month I have been using Trokar Boxer jig heads with 100% landing of fish where hook was set. Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I was using a different rod this time and hope for better results with another rod. I took my Cumara 7'6" ML Moderate Fast with SV105 and 16# sniper. Perhaps with the lighter power slower action rod my hooksets werent firm enough in the beginning cause after the loses I reared back harder and didnt let any more get off.

Oh I threw the Rage Swimmers about an hour didnt get a bite.

Here the nicest of the day with the Wave 2lb 7oz

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:25 am

Hmm, that's weird. I mean I've lost some fish, mostly because they didn't take the bait in full before I swung the hammer, but I find all Owner hooks and jigs to be top notch. I think that rod may have been the culprit. I don't know how moderate it is, but I think it may be a little lacking in the power department. A moderate fast action is fine for paddle tails imo as long as it has adequate power. I stopped buying the Owner jigs due to cost, but it's what I buy when I'm running low. I have forum member Smalljaw pour heads for me. It's actually hard to find a light swimbait jig head with a 3/0 hook. Most of them are a quarter ounce or better with 5/0 hooks.
I hope Jackall expands on the sizes of these baits. The durability and action are top notch. I went out for 3 hours this morning, and like you used only 1 bait the entire time. These things have a really nice roll to them due to the more wide and flat body. I find it hilarious nothing would touch the Rage Swimmers. So much hype all over the net about these baits. Never cared for Strike King or found any of the baits to be productive quality. It's always reviews and statements as to how their blatant knock offs are the same thing without the price tag. Not true from my experience.