Anyone using the Bombshell Turtle

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Anyone using the Bombshell Turtle

Post by tditox4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:44 am

Has anyone used and caught largemouth bass on the Bombshell Turtle? If so, what color and how did you rig it?

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anyone using the Bombshell Turtle

Post by Bronzeye » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:05 am

First, there have been two versions of this bait. The first had the curl on the front pair of legs facing forward--the opposite direction of the curl on the back two legs. The second version has the curl on all four legs going toward the rear of the bait , as one finds on lizard baits. It might be helpful if posters specified whether they have used Version 1 or 2.

I once used Version 1 in the brown color (forgot what they called it) on a pond that has more turtles than bass in it. I rigged it on a weighted swimbait hook (don't recall which make). I caught two bass of 1 1/2 pounds or less in about an hour of using it. I haven't used the lure since, though that wasn't bad productivity for a lure on this pond. I think the bait tore up and I figured I'd wait until I found a turtle-infested pond with bigger bass in it. Maybe such ponds aren't the best for bass survival; this pond's turtle population includes some moss-covered snapping turtles weighing 20 pounds or more.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 am

Sorry dude!!!.....version 1....caught a 4 1/2 pound largemouth on the slider color, texas rigged , yesterday.

phillyblunt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by phillyblunt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:21 am

I know a guy that uses them, but he can't catch fish.

:lol:

TFOUR
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TFOUR » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Late to the party on them but my brother uses them and catches fish on them all the time. Dunno, if that helps.