Zoom Magnum Finesse

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Scattergun2570
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Zoom Magnum Finesse

Post by Scattergun2570 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:33 pm

I use the standard Zoom Finesse worm on the Owner Ultra Head,,but I have never used the Magnum Finesse.. I don't think it would be a great idea to use the same head,seems like there's too much plastic for that. So, i am thinking EWG or G-lock Gammy,Owner j maybe? What are your thoughts?

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Zoom Magnum Finesse

Post by dirtygeary » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:47 am

I have used these in black. Fishing at night only. I used standard 3/16 oz spot remover jig heads. I had great success on Several trips. I will say though I don't see much differance over just using a 5" senko. I bought the full size magnum trick worms as well and I have used the same jig head on them in the daytime. It is truly surprising how small a fish can hit these and just inhale them. Really a cool bait. Probably should be throwing it more!

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:47 am

Last summer they were my go to bait for fishing deep grass and points. I caught several 5-7 lb bass and every size in between. I fished mine on a trig with a 1/4 oz tungsten pegged with a 3/0 Gammy Superline hook. Make sure to try out the Houdini color. As far as hooks go, take your pick. I have been testing out the Gammy G-lock hooks and really like them.

Scattergun2570
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scattergun2570 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:09 am

mprestonSEK wrote:Last summer they were my go to bait for fishing deep grass and points. I caught several 5-7 lb bass and every size in between. I fished mine on a trig with a 1/4 oz tungsten pegged with a 3/0 Gammy Superline hook. Make sure to try out the Houdini color. As far as hooks go, take your pick. I have been testing out the Gammy G-lock hooks and really like them.
whats a Trig ?

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

mprestonSEK wrote:Last summer they were my go to bait for fishing deep grass and points. I caught several 5-7 lb bass and every size in between. I fished mine on a trig with a 1/4 oz tungsten pegged with a 3/0 Gammy Superline hook. Make sure to try out the Houdini color. As far as hooks go, take your pick. I have been testing out the Gammy G-lock hooks and really like them.
Those G lock hooks are my favorites, work pretty darn good as a dropshot hook as well. 8-)

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Scattergun2570 wrote:
whats a Trig ?
Texas rig

Scattergun2570
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scattergun2570 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 am

zodiak311 wrote:
Scattergun2570 wrote:
whats a Trig ?
Texas rig

lol ok..no dash threw me in another direction..thought it might have been something new.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:31 am

The TriRig ... :doh: 8-)

Rig worms on it instead of swimbaits. It will simulate a school of worms :whistle:

Scattergun2570
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scattergun2570 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:59 am

dirtygeary wrote:I have used these in black. Fishing at night only. I used standard 3/16 oz spot remover jig heads. I had great success on Several trips. I will say though I don't see much differance over just using a 5" senko. I bought the full size magnum trick worms as well and I have used the same jig head on them in the daytime. It is truly surprising how small a fish can hit these and just inhale them. Really a cool bait. Probably should be throwing it more!

You don`t see much diff between A Senko and the Mag Finesse? I would think its completely different..no?