keitech swim impact

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: keitech swim impact

Post by Brad in Texas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:58 am

Keitech makes such fabulous plastic baits that I suppose most of us are willing to endure their longevity issue . . . for the extra fish.

I still like a roboworm as much as anything for drop shotting; but, I have on occasion found other nearby fishermen catching fish on shad like baits, so I have swapped over to using a small Shad Impact . . . and attracted a bite much faster. If they are chasing shad, show them a shad.

Many plastics smell like petroleum to me, or rubber, but the Keitechs have that totally natural odor and also such a great almost slimey feel to them.

Anyway, bass seem to really like them but do tear them up really fast. I'll try some of the ideas to extend their useful lives and see how it goes.

Brad

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Just bought some. Will test

phillyblunt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by phillyblunt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 am

I throw the 4" swing impact a lot. I use the Owner Ultrahead Inshore jig head. Has a really strong hook, great keeper and no thick collar to stretch your bait. I still go through a lot of baits, but really like this jig.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Owner_Ul ... -OUIH.html

Like others have said, I use mend-it, but also use them for dropshotting once they're ripped.