keitech swim impact

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Jdw2920
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

keitech swim impact

Post by Jdw2920 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 am

anyone else find these super easily destroyed? they definitely catch fish but I had several just bitten into pieces on hits. several only lasted one fish I'm not sure what the deal is.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: keitech swim impact

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Fri May 13, 2016 11:44 am

mend it
unless the tail gets bit off I easily get 10 20 fish with one.

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Fri May 13, 2016 12:27 pm

stock up like they senko's

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 pm

I only got 1-2 fish on every Fat Impact. They are pretty pricey soft plastics with very poor durability, might be worth saving up the messed up ones to do a mass Mend It session off the water to salvage them.

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 pm

what kind of hooks are you guys using???....unless the fish bites the tails off (which is a real piss off on the first few casts lol) i think mine do last a few fish....owner twist locks on belly weighted swim bait hooks are what i use and they hold the baits really well...once they get used up,torn up and can no longer sit on the swim bait hooks we'll start using them for chatterbait or spinnerbait trailers to get even more usage out of them....

Jdw2920
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jdw2920 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:56 am

I'm using it on a 3/16 jig head I had several just get bitten in half nothing left to mend for sure.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sat May 14, 2016 12:07 pm

I use these 1/8, 3/16, 1/4
http://www.basspro.com/Strike-King-Tour ... extensions

And these 1/4 take the body off just use the jighead
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Northlan ... Id=1321899

Will be trying these Trokar hooks
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Trokar_B ... -TBGJ.html

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon May 30, 2016 5:58 am

Shur set brand jigs "biscuit jig" comes with a light wire matzou sickle hook. This is great for light line open water grubbing.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Try Kicker Fish's Tail Slapper. Action is very similar, just doesn't have quite as soft a body nor the scent. Caught 5+ fish on each bait easily, unless they grab the tail. On a Gopher Tackle Mushroom Head, they don't slink down like the Keitechs do.

Jdw2920
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jdw2920 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:32 pm

the fat impacts will not stay on the jig head definitely going to have to super glue them even just normal casting it pulls them down I guess due to the fact that they are so soft

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:20 am

I find the Lunker City Swimming Ribster makes a pretty good and more durable substitute for the regular Swing Impact. In fact, I've had good success with pretty much every Lunker City paddle tail bait I've used. Inventors of a couple of the most productive soft plastic baits of all time, they seem largely ignored by most bass fishermen.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:52 am

I agree the Keitech baits work great but in most case it's one fish one bait and they are not cheap. I wish they were more durable. I use the Zman minnowz. I super glue my baits so they stay on longer and they last a long time., They are very durable and soft. I put scent in my bags so they absorb in to the plastic.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:41 am

Try the Keitech Model 3 swim jig. That thing is insane. It has great action, durability, a tungsten head, it skips like it was made for it, comes through weeds better than any other jig, hooks up with fish better than any other jig, and will keep your swing impact going for several fish. The baitholder is basically just a screw and works better than anything else I've tried. It does kind of limit you to the 4.8" size since that's what it was made for, but you can use it for a variety of other trailers.

Flashy swimmers, weighted twistlock, and beast hooks are also great choices.

P.S. One thing that will help keep you going if the tail gets torn off are Med or large Zappu Pera-R's. Just screw that bad boy in where the tail used to be and you're back in business. I like twisting one of those into flick shakes and senkos, too, especially at night.

SmallSmallie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmallSmallie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:12 am

I use Owner hooks with CPS as they seem to work well with very soft keitech baits. But yes, they do only last 1 or 2 fish. I will continue to purchase them over the fake ones though :D

Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Quillback » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:35 am

I have been using Dirty Jigs HD swimbait heads for my Keitech fishing. The DJ heads have dual wire barb type deals that run along the top and bottom of the hook shank. Put some super glue on the shank, barbs, an back of the head, then thread the Keitech on. I have been getting multiple bass on them now before they tear up. Not much you can do about the ones that rip the tail off, but if they are biting it like they should, you won't lose too many to tail grabbers.

I agree that there are more durable baits out there, but Keitechs are good baits. The GY Senko of swimbaits, just can't beat the original.