Easy Shiner, Swing Impact which ones for you

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Easy Shiner, Swing Impact which ones for you

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:42 am

I've been throwing these baits a lot since last spring. It's primarily all I've used this month. I get a few strikes / fish on the swings, but the smallies in my neck of the woods love the shiners. I went out Saturday, Sunday and today looking for some early morning, early season smallmouth. I caught 2 on a fat impact and 6 times that on a shiner. Does one work better for you than the other. On my next order I think I'll dump the impacts and stick with shiner variations.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Easy Shiner, Swing Impact which ones for you

Post by the hooligan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:15 am

Mark, the easy shiner is my favorite keitech. 3 inch for crappie, 4 inch for bass. Rigged on an 1/8th gami its deadly. Pretty much one of my only techniques ive used this past fall until now. If im fishing slightly more stained water ill go with the fat for that extra thump or add an owner underspin.

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:45 pm

I've purchased Easy Shiners and Fat Impacts. Wasn't a big fan of the Easy Shiner but the Fat Impact has a real nice wobble at a slow retrieve and it's produced well for me so far.

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine picked up some Easy Shiners and has been using them lately and producing so I'm sure they're both great baits, I just prefer the Fat Impact.

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:47 pm

i uses all three easy, impact n impact fat..just depends on species dues to the soft plastic these dont hold well for striper n wipers/hybrids

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:54 pm

The fat is just to expensive for me to justify. I personally use the 2" easy shiners for crappie and the swing impacts in 3.5 and 4 for smallies. Last year I discovered that the swings killed the smallies after the drop shot failed me. I feel like the skinner profile on the swing impact gives it a much wider wobble and kick. I fished the easy shiner after I ran out of the swing impacts and got less bites than the swing. I'm all stocked up this year and ready now!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 pm

I use the easy shiner as well and I think people get the actions messed up. I like the shiner and I get more bites, it has a little body roll as the tail kicks and it is more lifelike. The Swing Impact and Swing Impact fat are good but I notice they have a faster tail kick with less body roll, and I think a lot of anglers like the faster tail kick. I've used them both and I do better with the easy shiner, the smallmouth I fish for show a preference toward it and it makes me have a preference as well.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:58 pm

smalljaw wrote:I use the easy shiner as well and I think people get the actions messed up. I like the shiner and I get more bites, it has a little body roll as the tail kicks and it is more lifelike. The Swing Impact and Swing Impact fat are good but I notice they have a faster tail kick with less body roll, and I think a lot of anglers like the faster tail kick. I've used them both and I do better with the easy shiner, the smallmouth I fish for show a preference toward it and it makes me have a preference as well.
Kinda my thoughts too. I like the River Rock version a little better, but at a buck a pop I go through them rather quick. Have you tried the Bass Assassin version, the Elite Shiner?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
smalljaw wrote:I use the easy shiner as well and I think people get the actions messed up. I like the shiner and I get more bites, it has a little body roll as the tail kicks and it is more lifelike. The Swing Impact and Swing Impact fat are good but I notice they have a faster tail kick with less body roll, and I think a lot of anglers like the faster tail kick. I've used them both and I do better with the easy shiner, the smallmouth I fish for show a preference toward it and it makes me have a preference as well.
Kinda my thoughts too. I like the River Rock version a little better, but at a buck a pop I go through them rather quick. Have you tried the Bass Assassin version, the Elite Shiner?
I'd say the River Rock version uses a softer plastic so it has more movement and it really makes me want to try the Bass Assassin Elite Shiner as well as the Strike King KVD Swim-N-Shiner, they are all very close. Its funny you mentioned that Bass Assassin Elite Shiner, I just told my buddy that I'm getting a list of stuff I need together for the Memorial day sales and if I order anything from TW or Land Big Fish, I'll be adding a bag or two of the Elite Shiner.

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mokujon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:37 pm

I always have a 4.8 inch fat tied on one of my rods. I like the shiners but they seem to be less durable for me.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:03 am

I just bought both the other day for chatterbait trailers, good to read that they work well as stand alone

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:25 am

I really like the Easy Shiners, Swing Impacts and Swing Impact Fats. I fish all of them as trailers for swim jigs, chatterbaits, spinnerbaits and underspins. I also use them with swimbait heads and even as a standalone with a weightless EWG hook. :)

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Just ordered some of the Bass Assassin Elite Shiners with the TW tax stimulus sale. I shall report back soon -

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 am

I fished the 4.8 fat impact & used the 3" easy shiner as a chatterbait trailer all day today. I might do a write up/review on them later this week after I spend the next few days testing them, experiment with different rigging and maybe do some mods to them as well.

For now, the short version is- when worked slow, that 4.8 fat impact gets bit. A lot. ;)

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I perfer the Easy Shiner for everything, but muddy waters. My alternative is the Reins Rockvibe for bass and 3" Bubbling Shaker with Fish Arrow prop jigheads for crappie.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:47 pm

The Reins Rockvibe I need to try. Seems largies prefer the fat impact, while smallies prefer the easy shiner. On a side note I see Jackall has a new one on the market. The Rhythm Wave. Anybody get there hands on these yet?