Easy Shiner, Swing Impact which ones for you

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Easy Shiner, Swing Impact which ones for you

Post by toddmc » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 am

They both work. I have been fishing both in various sizes with my old standby, the little and skinny dippers, and I can't say that one is a lot better than any other. I throw them on jigheads, underspins, Texas rigged, and as trailers on just about anything. They both work for all applications, but I've said on other threads that I'm not crazy about the oily squid scent. I set out this last year with the goal of proving that one of these two actions is better in certain conditions and my results were inconclusive. If they are biting swimbaits, it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. Just pick a color that you like and throw it. Maybe somebody else has figured out if there is a definite reason to throw one in different conditions than another.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:45 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Just ordered some of the Bass Assassin Elite Shiners with the TW tax stimulus sale. I shall report back soon -
Ups driver just showed up. The Elite Shiners are are a little stiffer than the Keitechs, but not much. They're not as soft and squishy. You can tell the pour quality is different. Not saying they're bad, still a nice plastic. I'll let the fish decide if they like them as well.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:19 am

toddmc wrote:They both work. I have been fishing both in various sizes with my old standby, the little and skinny dippers, and I can't say that one is a lot better than any other. I throw them on jigheads, underspins, Texas rigged, and as trailers on just about anything. They both work for all applications, but I've said on other threads that I'm not crazy about the oily squid scent. I set out this last year with the goal of proving that one of these two actions is better in certain conditions and my results were inconclusive. If they are biting swimbaits, it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. Just pick a color that you like and throw it. Maybe somebody else has figured out if there is a definite reason to throw one in different conditions than another.
Well said. I honestly use all of them, just pick the right color for water clarity and call it a day :D

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

I like the easy better, more natural for the clear water I fish. I do fish a 4in regular impact on my bluegill swim jigs in the pro staff special simply because they don't make the shiner in that color. smallmouth seem to fall for the shiner more often than the impacts as well

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brad in Texas » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 am

I normally use a small Roboworm for drop shotting and they do work very well. But, there are often days when I have found the small Keitech Shad Impact, nose hooked, to really attract LMBs and usually bigger ones. This has been true on bodies of water with large shad populations.

Brad

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:33 pm

Both have their place & purpose, but the Swing Impact have their reputation for a reason. I wouldn't dump them outright.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:38 am

Any particular colors working for folks? Do you match the baitfish or is there one pretty singular color that works well no matter where you live? I've used them sparingly because I haven't got many bites on them no matter how I rig them. But this fall I'm gonna give them a hard try since I picked up a bunch and have several left in a few colors.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:58 am

MediumHeavy wrote:Any particular colors working for folks? Do you match the baitfish or is there one pretty singular color that works well no matter where you live? I've used them sparingly because I haven't got many bites on them no matter how I rig them. But this fall I'm gonna give them a hard try since I picked up a bunch and have several left in a few colors.
I've been going all Jackall Rythm Wave. They have outfished any Keitech for me. At any rate, the gold flash colors are my best producers.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:22 am

I'll have to pick up some of those!

Just realized all of my reels are 8.1:1 aside from one 7.3 so I'll have to remember to slow down a bit :)