Snag proof hollow belly buzz frogs

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Snag proof hollow belly buzz frogs

Post by BigG » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:55 am

Anybody tried the snag proof hollow belly buzz frog: Wobbletron & Bass Kicker?

rct360
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Snag proof hollow belly buzz frogs

Post by rct360 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:57 pm

I have experience with the Wobbletron. It's a great buzz frog. I bought my first one at Guntersville for a SPO back in October. Loved it. This is not a Bobby's perfect frog with boot feet. The Wobbletron has a larger profile, it is slightly heavier, and it has a more pronounced keel at the belly. With all of that the Wobbletron casts easy, skips well, and runs true providing great action with a surface buzz along with an enticing body wobble.

I've had a great success with the Wobbletron along rip rap, docks, overhanging bank cover, ball schoolers, current breaks, and last but not least GRASS. You can use a straight line retrieve or vary the retrieve with a stop and go, walk it, or stop it next to your cover and give it quick short burps.

You will love this bait if you're a frog fanatic. Get you a few colors to cover your water conditions and you are ready to go.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:02 am

rct360 wrote:I have experience with the Wobbletron. It's a great buzz frog. I bought my first one at Guntersville for a SPO back in October. Loved it. This is not a Bobby's perfect frog with boot feet. The Wobbletron has a larger profile, it is slightly heavier, and it has a more pronounced keel at the belly. With all of that the Wobbletron casts easy, skips well, and runs true providing great action with a surface buzz along with an enticing body wobble.

I've had a great success with the Wobbletron along rip rap, docks, overhanging bank cover, ball schoolers, current breaks, and last but not least GRASS. You can use a straight line retrieve or vary the retrieve with a stop and go, walk it, or stop it next to your cover and give it quick short burps.

You will love this bait if you're a frog fanatic. Get you a few colors to cover your water conditions and you are ready to go.
Thanks for the relpy, I bought a few this winter and am ready to give them a try. :welc: to TT rct360

wiel0059
Angler
Angler

Post by wiel0059 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:02 pm

I can't speak to the Bass Kicker, but the Wobbletron is one of the best frogs I've used! Really like throwing it, and its replaced some of my buzzbait usage as well.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:10 am

wiel0059 wrote:I can't speak to the Bass Kicker, but the Wobbletron is one of the best frogs I've used! Really like throwing it, and its replaced some of my buzzbait usage as well.
Thanks for the reply. :welc: to TT