Plastics on owner cps hooks

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Plastics on owner cps hooks

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:16 am

For anyone who has used the owner centering pin style hooks, which do you think is best for horny toads and skinny dippers. I have used the 1/8 oz. Beast hook in the past on toads and like it. Just wondering about the cps xxx weighted hook. I might try the light cps 6/0 3/32 for a skinny dipper.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Plastics on owner cps hooks

Post by smalljaw » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 am

I fish baits like the skinny dipper on a jig head but for toads I like the Owner Twistlock Open Gap 3X center pin hook, it is super strong and no weight. I got on those after using the Twistlock light hooks for flukes and senkos but the CPS you'll like as it uses the same hook as the Open Gap only it has a weight on it, wicked hook and my hook up percentage has been awesome since I started using those hooks. I think you can use the one without weight for the toads like I said but if you still want the weight then the Twistlock CPS is the same hook only it has a weight, also easier penetration than the beast hook.