RI Boom Boom Tube Discontinued

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Taxin That Bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

RI Boom Boom Tube Discontinued

Post by Taxin That Bass » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:37 am

I noticed that TWH no longer carried the RI boom boom tube, I emailed reaction innovations and they confirmed that they indeed are discontinuing them. This is a bummer for me as I have been a huge fan of that bait for weed lines and docks or anywhere where blue gill is a major forage. I'm trying to buy up as much as i can right now, does anyone know of another tube that is big profile like that has soft plastic like the boom boom?

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: RI Boom Boom Tube Discontinued

Post by JerryC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 am

do a google search.. someone may carry what you are looking for. I just did this 2 weeks ago, i was looking for some canyon plastics tubes in a certain color that theys topped making for the summer... i needed a 100 pack and found the baits from another website that was selling them for the same price.

Taxin That Bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Taxin That Bass » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:12 am

Yeah, i have been scouring the web for what is left out there. I have found some, not much in any black colors though, oh well.

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:13 am

Why? That's a shame. It's the best larger profile tube I've found, I haven't found any others quite like it. I always wished they'd make a 3" or 3.5" version for smallmouth, but the Boom Boom caught many nice Great Lakes smallies for me anyway.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:47 am

What's special about that tube? It just looks like any other tube to me.

The Net Bait BK tube seems to be similar but it has a solid tip.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:54 am

i use those...or used to.

a local dealer started making a better one.

check out:

http://www.bassmagnetlures.com/2010/12/ ... -8-pack-2/

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

legendaryyaj wrote:What's special about that tube? It just looks like any other tube to me.

They were the softest, yet thickest walled tubes I've found. Softer than a Tender Tube. Great for heavy cover flipping, but also deep open water where they produced big smallies for me. Probably a better goby imitator, I don't know. The colors are fantastic, as with all RI baits. There's always more depth to RI colors which seems to give them a more realistic appearance. Also more options compared to many other domestic plastics.

It might have been something different about how they're manufactured too. The thickness of the plastic allowed you to reuse ripped tubes for many bites, you could just turn them and re-rig, where other soft tubes often would bust at the head with one bite and be shot. Most other manufacturers overcompensate for that issue by making tubes so tough there's little flex. It's seems unnatural by comparison. That tough plastic makes rigging tough, and inhibits hook penetration on Texas rigged and stupid tube rigs.

Well that reply is probably overkill sorry. I'm glad I still have dozens of the Boom Booms, but I'll probably stock up more now.

Taxin That Bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Taxin That Bass » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 am

Zman wrote:
legendaryyaj wrote:What's special about that tube? It just looks like any other tube to me.

They were the softest, yet thickest walled tubes I've found. Softer than a Tender Tube. Great for heavy cover flipping, but also deep open water where they produced big smallies for me. Probably a better goby imitator, I don't know. The colors are fantastic, as with all RI baits. There's always more depth to RI colors which seems to give them a more realistic appearance. Also more options compared to many other domestic plastics.

It might have been something different about how they're manufactured too. The thickness of the plastic allowed you to reuse ripped tubes for many bites, you could just turn them and re-rig, where other soft tubes often would bust at the head with one bite and be shot. Most other manufacturers overcompensate for that issue by making tubes so tough there's little flex. It's seems unnatural by comparison. That tough plastic makes rigging tough, and inhibits hook penetration on Texas rigged and stupid tube rigs.

Well that reply is probably overkill sorry. I'm glad I still have dozens of the Boom Booms, but I'll probably stock up more now.

^ what he said. The big thing is how soft they are, great hookups. Plus they can be re-used many times like he said. Just a great bait for a big bite without sacrificing the ability to just get limit fish as well. they have a great glide to them on the fall and a real natural look. They are NOT just like every other tube.

Taxin That Bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Taxin That Bass » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:i use those...or used to.

a local dealer started making a better one.

check out:

http://www.bassmagnetlures.com/2010/12/ ... -8-pack-2/
are they as soft as the boom boom? they look hard like every other tube.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:43 am

i used boom boom tubes for two years until I started using these.

I'm just providing you an option.

I've now used the bass magnet tubes for 1.5 years and I'm not looking back (especially since the boom boom tubes are now apparently discontinued).

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:24 am

Zman wrote:Well that reply is probably overkill sorry. I'm glad I still have dozens of the Boom Booms, but I'll probably stock up more now.
Not overkill at all. That's a great description and I appreciate it. Thanks!