Solid body paddle tail swimbaits

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Solid body paddle tail swimbaits

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:56 am

Looking for some help and info. I'm seeking the better options in the softer variety. The baits that swim sweet at slow speeds. I've only used little dippers. Looking at TW there are a handful, but it's hard to tell what the plastic is like from a picture.
I don't want hard, stiff plastic like the Gambler EZ Shads. More like the Sawamura one up. Please respond if you have ideas as I need to order rather quickly. Thanks fellas

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Solid body paddle tail swimbaits

Post by the hooligan » Fri May 08, 2015 12:59 am

Mark,

Do yourself a favor and get some 4 inch keitech easy shiners. Ive been killin it lately rigged on a 1/16oz head. Also getty some real nice crappie on the 3 inch :big grin:

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 am

keitech fat impact are the only ones i'll use....the easy shiners are great also and used to be a better value but now prices are around the same for both.....

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:36 am

Is the easy shiner of a softer texture?

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Fri May 08, 2015 3:01 am

the design of the easy shiner w/o the ribbed body makes them feel softer i guess....but it is noticeable...i've never seen fish engulf a soft plastic bait like the easy shiners when i use them....the tails don't get bitten off as easy as the impacts do i've noticed also....the past season keiteich must have changed their formula b/c they don't have such a strong smell or oily texture to them as previous years....i liked the older stock much better.....

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:28 am

Here is my long list. I'd really like to shorten it a bit :big grin:
Keitech easy shiner
Kicker fish tail slapper
Evolve darkstar swimmer
Sawamura one up
Roboworm robo minnow

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 am

I use both size Dippers and the Keitech Impacts. Pretty much covers all the bases for size, thump, and color. I love the little dippers as spinnerbait trailers.

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by slicksouthpaw » Sat May 09, 2015 5:51 am

netbait spanky is a damn durable swimbait that kicks at low speeds and during the drop. very similar to the lil dippers but got that netbait pork flavor.

all around one of my favorite tiny swimbaits. works great in salt and fresh in southern california

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:26 am

Easy shiners are nice in the smaller sizes, but I've gotta say my favorite is the 3.8 Swing Impact FAT. Best action, not to subtle, but not crazy aggressive.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat May 16, 2015 11:30 am

Got to go bigger but the 4.8" Swinging Hammer by PowerTeam Lures and is made in the USA and is a great soft swimbait with a paddle tail, more of a boot tail. I use a few different hooks but it works great almost subsurface slow rolling it. There is a 1-2" tail thump to the bait that seems to bring fish in from a few yards away lot's of V's coming at it in the heat of summer.

Give them a try, great bait and have caught me lot's of quality bass smallies and largies.

MTBF

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:02 am

I will add another for your consideration which is a finesse swimbait that has caught me a lot of fish is a 4" Damiki Anchovy shad .
I caught off the head part and attach this to a Revenge jighead in either an 1/8 or 1/4 oz size because I don't like swimbaits with 4 eyes to them . This bait throws a lot of vibration for a small bait but the tail will still swim at slow speeds . I fish this on a spinning rod with a braid/ floro leader combination . I was turned on to this bait after learning about Hank Cherry's success with it at the Elite level https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... eaWG-oPbjg

Tavery5
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tavery5 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:01 am

Kietech as mentioned already is hard to beat.
BassAssasin Elite Shiner is a little more durable with slightly less action.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:40 am

I picked up a pack of the Yamamoto Heart Tail swimbaits....going to give them a shot this coming weekend.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:51 am

Not a boot tail, but LFT Live Magic Shad and never look back. Talk about swim...You can crawl it paaaaainfully slow, and it swims. Burn it, and you never seen a more frantic looking bait this size of anything that actually breathes. It really does seem to come alive in the water.
I have tried their boot tails in conditions that are 'supposed' to be more favorable for a boot tail. The Live Magic Shad still outfishes it 5 to 1. It's got that magic...
All sizes too. The smallest ones are KILLER on a DS or dragged on a football head for smallies...
It'll cost you though. Tails are constantly bitten off by smaller fish. It's worth it. Another drawback is that if you like to burn swimmies through the tulles, no Bueno. The segments get hung up pretty good.
I know it seems fanboy esque, and I love the Keitech Impacts nearly as much. They just don't get to see the light of day much. And I am in no way affiliated with LFT. Two of the biggest smallmouth I've ever seen came on back to back casts from a buddy that at the time, I thought was crazy for throwing a bulky 6 inch swimbait for smallies. The first weighed 6.8. The second was easily 3-4 inches longer. I knocked it off netting it... ](*,) Let's just say that cull would have moved us up about 6lbs in the tourney we were in. Pounds ahead of the eventual first place team...
PS, don't tell anyone, no one reads the internet right?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:01 pm

BucketHunter wrote:Not a boot tail, but LFT Live Magic Shad and never look back. Talk about swim...You can crawl it paaaaainfully slow, and it swims. Burn it, and you never seen a more frantic looking bait this size of anything that actually breathes. It really does seem to come alive in the water.
I have tried their boot tails in conditions that are 'supposed' to be more favorable for a boot tail. The Live Magic Shad still outfishes it 5 to 1. It's got that magic...
All sizes too. The smallest ones are KILLER on a DS or dragged on a football head for smallies...
It'll cost you though. Tails are constantly bitten off by smaller fish. It's worth it. Another drawback is that if you like to burn swimmies through the tulles, no Bueno. The segments get hung up pretty good.
I know it seems fanboy esque, and I love the Keitech Impacts nearly as much. They just don't get to see the light of day much. And I am in no way affiliated with LFT. Two of the biggest smallmouth I've ever seen came on back to back casts from a buddy that at the time, I thought was crazy for throwing a bulky 6 inch swimbait for smallies. The first weighed 6.8. The second was easily 3-4 inches longer. I knocked it off netting it... ](*,) Let's just say that cull would have moved us up about 6lbs in the tourney we were in. Pounds ahead of the eventual first place team...
PS, don't tell anyone, no one reads the internet right?
I do enjoy the occasional flutter, but at a buck fitty a pop - likely not. I'm quite pleased with the easy shiners.