Kietech 4" Swing Impact

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kietech 4" Swing Impact

Postby jmb27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:32 am

njbasscat wrote:Thanks for your insight. It seems like a bait that you can't rig wrong.

Pretty much this.

I have also had success using the Swing Impact on the back of a chatterbait or swim jig setup.

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby slicksouthpaw » Sat May 09, 2015 5:44 am

these lil baits get bit no matter how you rig them. one of the best baits out there. too bad they get torn up easily.

i like them trigged with a 1/8 bullet and twist lock hook or a weight swimbait hook. always twist lock them or they wont last you a single bit let alone a fish

Drewski73
Angler
Angler

Postby Drewski73 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:15 am

Falcon Lures makes a belly weighted hook on a gammy 2/0 ewg hook in 1/16 oz weight It is PERFECT for the 4" swing impacts. TW stocks them. I fish them on 6 or 8 lb flouro and spinning gear. Great baits.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby legendaryyaj » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 pm

I discovered the magic of these baits this past spring fishing for smallmouth. The fish would not hit the dropshot but they clobbered these things.

I have been having the hardest time finding a proper jig to fish these. When I tested them out, I used the Picasso FInesse A-Rig jig heads and while they worked, the keeper tore the baits because the lead keeper was simply too much. I was fishing them on a 1/8oz head.

I like them on a jig head with exposed hook as I only fish on Erie with these for Smallies and there isn't much weeds. The fish just suck these in and the rod gets heavy so no crazy hookset needed. I've been trying to find some jig heads but its been near impossible. The best is probably the Keitech heads, go figure, but they sure are pricey. I have the Owner saltwater jigs and they are too big. I just got in the Megabass Okashira screw heads and they are way too small. I'm thinking I might just have to get a straight shank worm hook and throw a weight on front and peg it.

I also use the Easy shiners but the slender profile of this bait just allows it to wag its tail really wide putting off more thump it seems. I fished the Easy Shiners after I ran out of my one pack of Swing Impacts and it just felt like they weren't getting bit as much. Maybe it's all mental but that's what matters.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby njbasscat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:52 pm

I've been fishing these rigged on a 1/4 oz lead jig head with a stop and go retrieve with good results. Most fish inhale them. I've also been able to catch several fish off on bait.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Bronzeye » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:02 am

legendaryyaj wrote:I have been having the hardest time finding a proper jig to fish these.

You might check out the LunkerGrip jigheads made by Lunker City. I haven't used the 1/4 oz size, but they should hold the plastic well and are less than one-fourth the price of Keitech jigs in that weight.

jerrylo913
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby jerrylo913 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:20 pm

fish them slow, it'll get bit

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby C_diesel2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:07 am

cndbasshunter wrote:I use them on drop shot sometimes.

+1

Return to “Plastics”