Trying to find Zoom lizard color

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Trying to find Zoom lizard color

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Anybody know where I can find some Zoom lizards in the color mean green red? One of my favorite colors, but have ran out and can't locate them anywhere. It is listed on Zoom's website as a "Special Distributor Color". Whatever that means? Any leads appreciated.

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Trying to find Zoom lizard color

Post by Zimbass » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm sure that if you contact Zoom, they will tell you which distributor has these, and you can then order from that distributor.

Good luck, know what it's like when a special color works for you, and you struggle to find them :evil:

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:25 pm

I just shot Zoom an email. Hopefully, they can hook me up with a distributor!

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Go to Google and type in Zoom lizard mean green red. You will find a few tackle shops stocking it.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 pm

When you see "special distributor color" it means a specific store asked for it and placed a large order for that color and only that store has them. Where ever you purchased them from is where they are being sold, and the same thing is now quite common. Both BPS and Cabelas have exclusive colors for hard baits and other items, Zoom will tell you where to get them in a day or two.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:27 am

Thanks guys! I finally found a website this morning that a) had them listed, b) said they were in stock and c) looked legitimate. So, I stocked up with 15 packs!

ecpirates96
Angler
Angler

Post by ecpirates96 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Are you willing to share the website once you get the baits?

jigapig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jigapig » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:40 pm

You could check ebay now and then.

caseyj
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by caseyj » Sat May 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Check VIRGINIA BAIT GUIDE they carry "LOTS" of special colors you want find anywhere else. I ordered a bunch of worms from them last week...very quick delivery & very nice to deal with!!! They've got my buisness forever...

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:20 pm

caseyj wrote:Check VIRGINIA BAIT GUIDE they carry "LOTS" of special colors you want find anywhere else. I ordered a bunch of worms from them last week...very quick delivery & very nice to deal with!!! They've got my buisness forever...
+1. I ordered from them last summer to stock up on a few colors. They have a big inventory of lots of Zoom plastics, including harder to find models, in addition to the special run colors.

I had to place the order over the phone as they didn't have a website for ordering, but everything was fine and got the order in about a week.

One last site to check out is landbigfish.com. They have a Zoom color selector (and for a few other manufacturers as well), that makes it easy to search--also, you can get the color's number, if you don't already know it. That makes it easier when ordering.