Berkley 90's Plastic - Name?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
SHRIMPER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Berkley 90's Plastic - Name?

Post by SHRIMPER » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:52 am

Berkley put out a plastic somewhat similar to the power slug in the mid to late 90's. If I remember correctly it had a
ribbed underside and a semi-flat tail. Does anyone remember the name?

Spot King
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Berkley 90's Plastic - Name?

Post by Spot King » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:13 pm

This might jog your memory a bit. I'm not sure I remember the exact name, but it was called "Carolina" something. I think Carolina Slug. I have 3 of them left. Not 3 packs, 3 baits. LOL It is about 6" long, kind of flat/slug shaped, ribs on the back, keel shape on the belly; and the tail is similar to a paddle tail. That the bait you're thinking of?

8-)

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:29 am

Spot King wrote:This might jog your memory a bit. I'm not sure I remember the exact name, but it was called "Carolina" something. I think Carolina Slug. I have 3 of them left. Not 3 packs, 3 baits. LOL It is about 6" long, kind of flat/slug shaped, ribs on the back, keel shape on the belly; and the tail is similar to a paddle tail. That the bait you're thinking of?

8-)
You are correct, Berkley powerbait Carolina slug and if you look on ebay you can still find them.

SHRIMPER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SHRIMPER » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:32 am

That's the one guys!!! I knew someone would remember.