Berkley Havoc Smash Tube--Update

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
bob75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Berkley Havoc Smash Tube--Update

Post by bob75 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Any avid tube anglers used the smash tube?

Impressions?
Last edited by bob75 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisD46
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Berkley Havoc Smash Tube

Post by ChrisD46 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:46 am

I have not seen them in my area - but recall reading a review that they were ok .
Nothing particularly interesting or unique about them - but nothing negative either ...Price is right !
I would therefore look for a color that you think would work in your waters - perhaps a color you can not find with another tube maker which would make the Havoc tube a even better buy .

Shimano-Or-Nothing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimano-Or-Nothing » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Be ready to peel all the tenicals apart.

bob75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bob75 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Bought a pack of Havoc Smash tubes

Pictured are a Reaction Innovations 4.0 Boom Boom tube and Havoc Smash tubes showing the fat and thin side.

It is difficult to get a tube weight or a tube jig head inside the Havoc Smash.

Have not fished them, water too hard. But, I probably will try them but not very enthused about the tube.

Do see the advantage of being able to texas rig the tube due to its smaller diameter. However, I routinely texas rig the boom boom tubes with a 4/0 Gammy heavy cover flippin hook. Perhaps the Havoc tube due to its size is more on the finesse side.

The weight of the Havoc is 0.375 oz. and the Boom Boom tube 0.42 oz and the Yum 4" tube 0.33 oz. So the smash tube is relatively heavy for its' size. I times I fish a tube with a very light weight (1/32 or 1/16 oz.) so the smash tube would allow a smaller diameter tube to cast well with a baitcaster.

Yea, I know too much time on my hands :-)
Attachments
Havoc Tubes.jpg
Havoc Tubes.jpg (79.32 KiB) Viewed 3306 times