Yamamoto 10" Grub

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
LAGVPI99
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Yamamoto 10" Grub

Post by LAGVPI99 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am

Anyone use these? How do they work compared to the Rage 10" Thumper Worm?

I would be rigging it TX style and fishing it in warmer months off-shore and on bridges as well as pitching any deep cover I can find.

Thanks

Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Yamamoto 10" Grub

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 pm

They are a classic. Awesome worm. Bulky, good action, salty. A great night bait worm; I caught my second largest bass (8 lbs) on one at night. They are getting harder to find.

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Ive used the 8 inch grub up North with huge success but never the 10 inch. Get them while you can because they have been.discounted.

Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 am

That's unfortunate that they are being discontinued.

I think Yamamoto was ahead of their time on it. Gary came out with the big grub early to mid-1990's if I remember correctly, maybe earlier, long before the other big manufacturers (excluding the custom California hand-pour guys) started making large profile 10 inch and 12 inch big worms for the general public. For some reason they never caught on fire market-wise, but I have caught many fish on them. They are probably my #1 or #2 big soft plastic bait. I have stocked up and should have plenty for the rest of my fishing years.