Trigger X spade tail.. amazing shakey head bait.

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Trigger X spade tail.. amazing shakey head bait.

Post by smalljaw » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:48 am

For a while my favorite shakey head worm was the Berkley powerbait shakey worm in a color called "the general" which is sort of red shad/junebug, it has caught a lot of fish and was the one worm that really shined when the bite was ultra tough but I have a new favorite. The Trigger X spade tail worm has now become my number 1 tough bite bait hands down, I was fishing a tough lake to begin with and it was getting pretty hot out and the water tenmps were climbing into the mid 80's and we found the only way to get bit was pure finesse, after an hour of no bites on a shakey head I decided to change worms from my powerbait shakey worm to the trigger x spade tail and it got results super quick. I wasn't catching lunkers but I was catching bass after bass and in order to see if it was the worm or if the fish suddenly turned on I switched back to the berkley worm, I managed a dozen cast with only 1 bite so back to the spade tail and the bites came back in short order. I wasn't a fan of the Trigger X baits but I got these when a small bargin outlet had them for sale for $1.99 a bag so I got 2 bags and now I'm sorry I didn't get like 10, they do last for a few fish but drawing strikes like it was was just incredible. If you have't used them for shakey heads I suggest you try them, I was using the simple but effective black but I may get some different colors just to have since I may be going through a lot of them when the bite gets tough.
Last edited by smalljaw on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Barlow's Tackle

zmanlane
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Trigger X spade tail.. amazing shakey head bait.

Post by zmanlane » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks for the info, I will definatly be trying these out as they had them at dicks sporting goods for 2.97 and 50 % off that!!