Jackall Prototype Drop-shot bait

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Jackall Prototype Drop-shot bait

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:57 am

Guys,

I hope I am not violating a board rule by posting a link to an old article and related pictures from Bassfan; I am not endorsing nor affiliated with the site I just want to illustrate a bait I am talking about. If I am in violation then I apologize.

Years ago Kota won an Erie Elite event dropshotting and bagging huge sacks of smallies. He did so on the Jackall crosstail, on what is now I think the new Super cross tail just now coming to US market and a third protype bait Jackall has never brought to USDM market or anywhere to my knowledge. The bait I am referring to is top one in bottom picture with the three baits he used in the article below:

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=2993

Is this bait available in Japan? I can find no evidence it is. I will also argue the bait is NOT the Super Pintail which I have. There are many differences between the bait in the picture and the Super Pintail shad.

If you have any leads I am all ears. Maybe some Jackall pros have a few in their boxes as something different and a little bit of an edge, I don't know.

Thanks

(edit: I am also not affiliated with Jackall; I wish I was, and if I was I'd take this up directly with the Chiefs there and ask them)

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Jackall Prototype Drop-shot bait

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:26 am

No...that bait was not released AFAIK. It did precede the release of the Super Pin Tail...but the SPT does not have the combo cross tail/pin tail design like the prototype. The Super Cross Tail is closer...but does not have the pin tail like the prototype.

Of course the pros have baits that are not released. :big grin:

Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 am

Tokugawa,

Thanks for the response. I am working on a lead with a Jackall pro staff member in Texas. He is looking into it for me. I kidded him about having some in his box; he did not reply.

I turn off many Bassmassters after a few minutes but that particular Elite I watched a couple of times and remember it pretty well. Ever since it aired I have been looking around for that prototype bait. It has a thicker body and the tail is pretty unique. Good color on it too.

If I find some I promise I will share.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:30 am

Gulfcoastwader wrote:Tokugawa,

Thanks for the response. I am working on a lead with a Jackall pro staff member in Texas. He is looking into it for me. I kidded him about having some in his box; he did not reply.

I turn off many Bassmassters after a few minutes but that particular Elite I watched a couple of times and remember it pretty well. Ever since it aired I have been looking around for that prototype bait. It has a thicker body and the tail is pretty unique. Good color on it too.

If I find some I promise I will share.
Please do! :big grin: