5"Chigger Craw Opinions

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

5"Chigger Craw Opinions

Post by capesmallie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Chigger Craws are one of my favorite baits so when I saw the new 5" come out I ordered some. They are gigantic ! I think they will be great for punching or fishing a on a 1/2 oz shak-e head. Has any one tried them out yet and how did they fish?

Madbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 5"Chigger Craw Opinions

Post by Madbasser » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:11 am

For me they way too big to put on a shakey head, but i have flipped them on a 5/0 gammy with good success.

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm

I really need to find me a pack. I want to flip those things pretty damn bad. I think they'll be killer in the summer.

Are they comparable in size to a Rage Lobster?

capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capesmallie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 pm

They go well with the Picasso Football Shakey head 1/2oz unfortunatly those are no longer available, I also obtained some custom Football Shakey headys with a 5/0 EWG hook.

They are bigger and bulkier than the lobster but actually have a similar claw where the 4"chigger has a thin claw the 5" has one that has much thicker tip like the rage claw