Trigger X plastics

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
bassdawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Trigger X plastics

Post by bassdawg » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm

It seems the Linders like the Trigger X baits so i decided to try some . Didnt get a chance to use them yet . Has anyone had good results with this product ? Are they connected with Rapala ? Thanks for your input .

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Trigger X plastics

Post by goldrod » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

trigger X = rapala
didn't like the spade tail worm but loved the flipn flap
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

vuehouaxiong
Angler
Angler

Post by vuehouaxiong » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 pm

yes,lindners = trigger x.

bassdawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassdawg » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:31 am

Well yesterday i used the big moe on a carolina rig an i got a 18" bass on watm.red flake .

Madbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Madbasser » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:28 am

Seen those on close out at Sports Authority, just never picked them up. Those blister packs they are in are not very reusable friendly.

Do they dry out if they are not in the juice? :-k

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 am

Madbasser wrote:Do they dry out if they are not in the juice? :-k
They do. And it's not like Gulp where they have a nice easy bag or bucket to keep them moist when you're done fishing. I did pick some up on clearance at Scheel's & they seem to work well, but I'd go with Gulp if I was paying full price just for the ability to re-use a bait that's not tore up, which is kind of hard to do with the packaging for Trigger X baits. Given Pure is suing Normark over these baits, I'm willing to bet they're pretty similar.

bassdawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassdawg » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 am

Now i am lost i dont know what you mean i never saw them in a blister pack ,they are in zip lock bags an i had them out for days an they never got hard like gulp . I never knew i had to keep them in bags , do i ?

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 am

Maybe they changed the formula on them, that's why they cleared them out & repackaged them for this year. The ones I have each bait is blister packed in it's own individual container you peel open with a little bit of juice. Once it's opened, unless you have some sort of resealable package/tub with the fluid in it, it turned hard & brittle if left out. I know I fished a 7" swimming worm a couple times last year & the next day when I went to use it, it was unusable. They probably changed them due to that lawsuit & the impracticality of the old packaging, so they're probably different now.

bladerunner
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bladerunner » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Not a fan. I tried a little "study" with them against Senkos and Dingers last summer. I used all three in the smae color and length. 5" Watermelon. I have a little pond near my house that stickbaits annihilate fish in. I wacky rigges them and kept tossing them in the shallows. I rotated them every couple minutes so I did not fish one during a hot streak. The results were startling. 12 bass all between 10 - 15 inches. Yum Dingers caught 7, Senkos 5, Trigger-X ziltch. Not scientific I know - but that told me that they trigger "X" amount of bites. I'll stick with YUM.

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:58 pm

I tried the flappin' bug (creature style bait) and was not impressed, the lure had very little action
and this was on a good bite day when other baits were routinely getting crushed. :?

bassdawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassdawg » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:24 am

I must have got lucky , but now with all the info i feel discouraged . Has anyone had much luck with them?

ec1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ec1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:40 am

I do find these quite smelly, but only bought them when they were on sale at $3 a pack...When they finally decided to stop packaging them individually.
I believe they did change the formula so it doesn't dry as fast and can be put into a ziploc. Not sure how well they work though.
When I used them earlier, the action really sucked on the senko imitation. barely any movement and the drop was pretty much a horizontal drop. The fish did hold on well once they hit though.

Dingers and other baits over it any day of the week!