Fish Arrow Flash J

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Fish Arrow Flash J

Post by JWR075 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 am

Has anyone fished these? I was thinking about trying these or the Jackall Superpin Tail or the Skinny Bear Shad Eye. Has any one tried these, if so what is your take on them (fished behind a lightweight jig head hooked thru the mouth area)?

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fish Arrow Flash J

Post by raul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:16 am

Watch here: www.apstv.net ---> click on The Strong Power Bait header and from there you select the third,fourth, fifth and sixth videos if I remember correctly.

a biley
Angler
Angler

Post by a biley » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Let's just say when you see bass eating on shad, you're almost guaranteed to catch one if you cast this around the school. I've had great luck with this.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 pm

The Fish Arrow Flash J are very productive when bites are tough and i use the smaller Zappu wacky heads nose hooked. The Jackal Super Pintail is killer drop shotting on Sauger/Walleye in the Violet color.

a biley
Angler
Angler

Post by a biley » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:28 am

Pen3 wrote:The Fish Arrow Flash J are very productive when bites are tough and i use the smaller Zappu wacky heads nose hooked. The Jackal Super Pintail is killer drop shotting on Sauger/Walleye in the Violet color.
Yes, I also use those. Inch wacky jr nose hooked. When you nose hook it, it flashes more. Sometimes I use a mustang head but it doesn't give it that flash as much as nose hooking it

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 am

a biley wrote:Yes, I also use those. Inch wacky jr nose hooked. When you nose hook it, it flashes more. Sometimes I use a mustang head but it doesn't give it that flash as much as nose hooking it
I have been throwing mine on a spinning setup, but this year i made a few new setups for lighter baitcast. I got a Evergreen Gazelle ML coming and will pair it with a Pixy w/ #8 Sunline Super Natural. My other Setup is a Aldebaran w/ #8 Sunline Machinegun on a Megabass Meigeki, but not sure what i will use it for and might put on #10 line instead.

BASSPUNK
Angler
Angler

Post by BASSPUNK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:05 am

I bought the 4" size and was blown away with their realism and quality. The Wakasagi Silver color looks so much like a generic minnow its scary. I was excited to see that they are offering a 5" size now and am going to be picking up a couple packs soon. Have you guys seen the arrow wheel head yet? They are made especially for the smaller flash Js, and consist of a tiny weight at the eye of the took and positioned behind it is a small spinner wheel. The idea is that it will fish similar to it being nose hooked but it moves along very naturally and the wheel causes an extra bit of vibration. Its good to hear that some of you are having good luck nose hooking them, i hope that the 5" will work well rigged with a weighted wacky hook. I am looking forward to using and perfecting a technique with the flash J that I am comfortable with. These little guys and the flick shake are finally pushing me over the edge to purchase up a dobyns spinning rod this year.

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:54 am

where has everyone been getting their fish arrow flash j from? :-k

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 am

overdose wrote:where has everyone been getting their fish arrow flash j from? :-k

I don't use them so....yeah: extremelures.com ;)

I checked and they have 4 or 5 colors in stock.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:52 am

bought a few packs couple weeks ago, and looking forward to use it in the next trip.

How do you guys rig it?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 pm

TeamDaiwaRick wrote:bought a few packs couple weeks ago, and looking forward to use it in the next trip.

How do you guys rig it?
Zappu Wacky Jigheads nose hooked just like dropshotting
For 5" http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproduc ... name=ZAPPU
For 4" http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproduc ... name=ZAPPU

evergreener
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evergreener » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 am

I am thinking of trying some too! so does this bait focus on surface range target or does it cover all the way down to the bottom? and what weight and hook size do you guys usually use with this rig? I am thinking of getting the 3 inch size one! ;)

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Pen3 wrote: Zappu Wacky Jigheads nose hooked just like dropshotting
Thanks Pen3!