Swimjig/blades trailers

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
drewsturrrr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Swimjig/blades trailers

Post by drewsturrrr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Thinking about getting those basstrix trailers because they are pretty detail and the materials used look pretty durable. But them there are the reaction innovation skinny dippers and the big hammers. What do you use?

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Swimjig/blades trailers

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:20 am

I use keitech swim impacts in the 4 inch size. when imitating baitfish i go with either gold flash or silver flash minnow, if imitating bluegill or perch either pro staff special or perch. not the most durable plastics but mend it fixes tears nicely. just an idea. I used to fish the basstrix and after they got torn up a lighter used to melt the plastic back together worked pretty well :idea:

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:13 am

Right now I'm using the skinny dippers on a couple of dirty jigs swim jigs and they're holding up pretty well. The sprayed grass color matches up to dirty jig's alabama bream pretty well, and a i've got a standard watermelon on the dirty jigs dill gill. What I want to try is the roboworms ez shad, they have some awesome kicking action, but need to be decapitated to fit good.

drewsturrrr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drewsturrrr » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:34 pm

NJ Jigman wrote:I use keitech swim impacts in the 4 inch size. when imitating baitfish i go with either gold flash or silver flash minnow, if imitating bluegill or perch either pro staff special or perch. not the most durable plastics but mend it fixes tears nicely. just an idea. I used to fish the basstrix and after they got torn up a lighter used to melt the plastic back together worked pretty well :idea:
Try using a razor blade and heating it with a blow torch! I always use that to fix plastics

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:24 pm

im really diving deep into the swimjig thing this year.
for trailers im going to be testing/using: netbait paca chunks, netbait paca craws, strike king rage craws, yamamoto double tail grubs, kalins single tail grubs, kalins scrubs, keitech fat swing impacts and some other stuff i bought but forgot about lol. i figure this technique will be a mainstay this year due to my home waters so i figure i can fine tune what i/the fish like.
ill be throwing keitech, strike king kvd, and secret weapon swim jigs.