Live Target's Skip Shad & Twitch Minnow

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Reel Assassin
Angler
Angler

Live Target's Skip Shad & Twitch Minnow

Post by Reel Assassin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 pm

I am really hoping TackleTour does a review of Live Target's new Skip Shad & Twitch Minnow when they are available!!! They sure LOOK nice but then pretty is as pretty performs as we all know! I have based quite a few of my tackle purchases off TTs reviews and found them very accurate so I would really like to see more reviews of Live Target lures especially their newer offerings like the Saltwater Fleeing Shrimp and the Freshwater Hollow Body Craw. Live Target has been making some interesting lures lately in my humble opinion that I would like to see TTs opinion of as I value their opinion! I only wish there were more of there lures that had been reviewed. As an old retired fart living on a fixed income TT saves me a ton on money by evaluating products! Keep up the great works TT! =D>

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Live Target's Skip Shad & Twitch Minnow

Post by Heddonfrog » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks for posting this. I love soft jerks post spawn and also skipping docks with them. They do look very interesting and I will give them a try once I put the hard jerkbaits away and post my thoughts on these. You probably won't see a TT review of these for quite sometime. Some baits, like the Dark Sleeper were out for 18 months prior to the TT review. I think the most recent TRD Crawz review was quicker from release date to review.

TT? or others that are in the know, has a "queue" ever been considered so that we know whats coming down the pipeline? Just a thought

soulfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Live Target's Skip Shad & Twitch Minnow

Post by soulfisher » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm

I am very interested in those as well and waiting on my pre-order. I finally received 3 of the 12 live target craws that I had on pre-order since August of 2018 after watching their release date push back three or four times from what was published. I don’t recall ever seeing a release date slide to the right so many times and started wondering if there might be a design flaw related to it. They look every bit as cool in the water as they looked in the video. I fished the 3/8oz craw and the fish responded very well to it. I caught 4 small fish on it, missed two on the hookset, and two more came unbuttoned at the boat in two hours fishing it. The four that I did land were all hooked in the lips with not much room to spare at all. 4 fish is a small sample size but not a one of them was hooked in the throat or roof of mouth. The hook on the Bait just barely sticks out from the hookguard (which is the horn of the crawfish’s head) and it is obviously much denser than a traditional jig hook guard. To early to tell if it is a concern or not, but thought all of the hooks being found in the outer portion of the fish’s lip might be worth mentioning. The hooks are very very sharp and seem strong as well. They fish lighter than they are due to the big oversized hollow body and big claws that slow the rate of fall some and they are very weedless.