Maxscent Creature Hawg

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Maxscent Creature Hawg

Post by MediumHeavy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Picked up a pack in South Africa Special color, and after a few casts I noticed the color started to fade to a milky grey on the outside and the texture changed. Kinda like if you stay in the bath or pool too long. But this was only after 3-5 casts or pitches.

It didn’t seem to catch more fish than any other creature or craw, definitely not more than the Zoom or Yamamotos that I usually throw. So, I’ll probably pass on these in the future. They’re just kinda weird and stinky.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Maxscent Creature Hawg

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

I was checking these out last week on TW, and the pic of the bait looks a little odd...kinda reminded me of the texture of those toy animals that grew in water from way back in the day. Lol.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:58 pm

I've caught fish on the maxx scent baits but they aren't anything special in my opinion.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Just remember to finish the pack each outing. If you don't close the pack properly watch out.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Now I am curious, what happens when left open?

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:05 pm

I got the General in black and blue flake and they turn a greyish color quickly and the texture changes. Sounds like a max scent theme.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:Now I am curious, what happens when left open?
They stink like no other and change to different texture. Hard and off colour.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:19 pm

:lol: thanks for the info. I am almost tempted to get a pack now to see how bad it is

easybassin
Angler
Angler

Post by easybassin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:15 am

I’ve only have experience with the general and was tempted to pick up the max scent lizards or the creature bait but resorted to a few generals and some rage tail grubs just recently wile shopping at bass pros.
I like the generals and they have now become staple in the plastics arsenal because of their productivity and the action, faster on the fall but still a nice shimee. I’m a believer in scents, sometimes and these have it for sure not to pungent either I’ve gotten some good bites on them and will be picking up some of the creature style max scents soon enough.