No lord, please, not another version of Jack Hammer

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

No lord, please, not another version of Jack Hammer

Post by Heddonfrog » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks to Mike_son for bringing this to my attention... though I should probably curse him

No mention of hardware upgrades so all I can find out is it has a new Tungsten resin head. The head on the current model is already small and at this point the blade is what gets hung up in grass...so other than a different sound characteristic, not seeing the benefits...unless they do upgrade other components. I’ll still get a couple to check them out, because we’re all genetically predisposed to buy the newest tackle :D
Attachments
85EC01C4-D9D1-4C55-AD31-6750FEEA9A92.jpeg
85EC01C4-D9D1-4C55-AD31-6750FEEA9A92.jpeg (198.77 KiB) Viewed 13565 times

Blacktail 8541
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: No lord, please, not another version of Jack Hammer

Post by Blacktail 8541 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 am

I have quite a few of the Jack Hammers. Don't know If I'm up to purchasing any more until I weed though my existing inventory.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Interested to see how different the sound is. That is one of the key characteristics that sets the current Jackhammer apart from others for me

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:03 pm

smallies wrote:Interested to see how different the sound is. That is one of the key characteristics that sets the current Jackhammer apart from others for me
Agreed. I have a buddy who isn’t the most eloquent that said “it’s going to tink instead of tunk” lol he’s probably right. We also were guessing as to a price difference and I said $4.00 if it was only the tungsten head difference and no additional upgrades to the components. We shall see

Hey, you guys have found the Japanese Ebay seller that always has JH’s for 10.99 right? Love the 3 different green pumpkins and 3 versions of black blue they offer in Japan

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:34 pm

I look at any vibrating bait, whether it be a Rattletrap style bait, other crankbait, spinnerbait, or a bladed jig as a lure that I can make subtle changes to so the fish feel something different. As many know, following up with a similar bait that has a different vibration can make a big difference.
The original Jack Hammer skirts weren't very durable, and I found myself wanting a bait between the two original weights. The Jack Hammer is almost worth it if you get them for a deal. We'll see if I get what I want. I still fish my own custom bladed jig most of the time, but I'm not afraid to try a few of these out in my backyard lakes to see if the fish want something slightly different. I'm not too proud if the fish aren't. :)

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:18 pm

toddmc wrote:I look at any vibrating bait, whether it be a Rattletrap style bait, other crankbait, spinnerbait, or a bladed jig as a lure that I can make subtle changes to so the fish feel something different. As many know, following up with a similar bait that has a different vibration can make a big difference.
The original Jack Hammer skirts weren't very durable, and I found myself wanting a bait between the two original weights. The Jack Hammer is almost worth it if you get them for a deal. We'll see if I get what I want. I still fish my own custom bladed jig most of the time, but I'm not afraid to try a few of these out in my backyard lakes to see if the fish want something slightly different. I'm not too proud if the fish aren't. :)
Agreed. When on a good trap bite, it seems like the fine tuning of just the sound can make a huge difference

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:36 pm

If your looking for a unique sounding bladed jig, look no further than a Nories Hula Chat.

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 pm

slime king wrote:If your looking for a unique sounding bladed jig, look no further than a Nories Hula Chat.

I’ve got a great JDM bait shop very close to home and he just started stocking the Hula Chats. I’ve been curious about them for about a year so I’m definitely going to give them a try. Very funky blade to head connection, looks typically Japanese “over-engineered” lol. So how does the bait fish? You mention unique sounding. Does the blade consistently start immediately? One of several reasons I’m a Jack Hammer disciple

Here’s Lee’s global tackle website. The Hula Chats are on their website yet but they’ve got them. You guys should check it out http://www.leesglobaltackle.com

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:39 am

Looks to me like the added a different version of Gammy hook to it like that TG or whatever the That material is. Looks thinner

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:37 am

Heddonfrog wrote:
slime king wrote:If your looking for a unique sounding bladed jig, look no further than a Nories Hula Chat.

I’ve got a great JDM bait shop very close to home and he just started stocking the Hula Chats. I’ve been curious about them for about a year so I’m definitely going to give them a try. Very funky blade to head connection, looks typically Japanese “over-engineered” lol. So how does the bait fish? You mention unique sounding. Does the blade consistently start immediately? One of several reasons I’m a Jack Hammer disciple

Here’s Lee’s global tackle website. The Hula Chats are on their website yet but they’ve got them. You guys should check it out http://www.leesglobaltackle.com
I'm very familiar with his shop. They are one of the few shops in the US that carry Nories products. Blade starts immediately, head design kicks the hook up and away when it makes contact with something and the sound that bait makes is unlike any other bladed jig I've heard.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Not sure if I missed it, but does anyone know when these will become available?

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:44 pm

slime king wrote:
Heddonfrog wrote:

I'm very familiar with his shop. They are one of the few shops in the US that carry Nories products. Blade starts immediately, head design kicks the hook up and away when it makes contact with something and the sound that bait makes is unlike any other bladed jig I've heard.

Thanks for the info. I’ll give them a try.

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm

cumara wrote:Not sure if I missed it, but does anyone know when these will become available?
I haven’t seen a release date yet but hopefully it will be a Classic release and not icast