JDM JIGS..

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

JDM JIGS..

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Im looking to get me some JDM jigs this winter (I'm in Florida what is winter..lol)
Anyways, not sure where to start or who has the best selection for sell. Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: JDM JIGS..

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:51 pm

One thing I forgot to mention is most of the time when I see a JDM jig the hook looks so small. Of course i am looking on line, so your personal experience will help me out a great deal.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:16 pm

You can't go wrong with the Keitech jigs and the swing impacts they recommend. They are small hooks, but I don't have any trouble fishing them on MH/F-XF rods with 12-15# fluoro. They don't bend out and they stay sharp. Overall they work really well and are readily available. You might try some evergreen jigs. They tend to have more traditionally sized hooks, even on the lighter ones. The IR (irregular round) is a killer mag-finesse jig. Shimreels has a pretty good selection.
This is the way.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:00 pm

I absolutely crush in the clear limestone rivers here in Florida with a Keitech Model II jig.
I like the smaller tungsten heads. They do have smaller hooks but I don't think that is a bad thing.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:48 am

Anyone fish the DStyle finesse jigs? I think they are called D-Jigs. Super tiny, I think about 1/16oz. Apparently they are currently one of the top baits in Japan.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 am

OSP Zero One jigs for flippin' and pitchin'
A variety of brands for jigs from 1/32 and up

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:25 am

I got an evergreen grass jig of eBay
Took forever to get it. It’s a cool looking jig but the head doesn’t seem to be made of something I can identify
As long as it took to get I forgot I had brought it.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:10 am

The Lucky Craft Skip Jigs are pretty neat, the 1/16 size uses some kind of resin for the head so it’s a “normal” size finesse jig but will have a slow horizontal fall if you use a heavy trailer.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 am

Johnny A wrote:OSP Zero One jigs for flippin' and pitchin'
I just ordered a bunch of those as well as some OSP Hunts along w/ some. Evergreen IR jigs. Looking forward to getting them in the next week.

What trailers do you like for OSP zero one jigs?

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 am

jmb27 wrote:
Johnny A wrote:OSP Zero One jigs for flippin' and pitchin'
I just ordered a bunch of those as well as some OSP Hunts along w/ some. Evergreen IR jigs. Looking forward to getting them in the next week.

What trailers do you like for OSP zero one jigs?
Since it's very hard to source Uncle Josh Crawfrogs these days, I'm working between the Ike's Spear, Yamamoto's single tail and double tail grubs. Fortunately, relocating from NJ to Upstate SC, has reduced the need for the pork trailer. It's also allowed me to drop from 1/2 jigs to 1/4 oz jigs because of water clarity.
I've ordered a couple these baits too:
Attachments
dolivessgill_main.jpg
dolivessgill_main.jpg (162.78 KiB) Viewed 10850 times