Keitech Tungsten Football Jig Version 2

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Keitech Tungsten Football Jig Version 2

Post by goldrod » Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Very Small jig,

Still not used to using it.. Dont even know what trailer to use with it..
Quality build for sure just a diminutive jig..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Keitech Tungsten Football Jig Version 2

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:55 pm

goldrod wrote:Very Small jig,

Caught a PB smallmouth on one in Green Pumpkin. Was throwing the 1/2oz with a Netbait Paca Chunk in Green Pumpkin Candy. Still have a few of them actually even throw the Bass Patrol Silicone ones are overall better (aside of the tungsten sensitivity, hook needing sharpening, etc.) and they are WAY cheaper with a more stout hook. I will take the stouter Mustad hook over the sharper very light Gama in this Football jig situation because I lost a good one to the Keitech FB jig once. Had her to the boat, real nice 4-5lb and just put to much force, straighten the hook. Was using 16lb Sunline, that jig could probably handle 8lb fluorocarbon in open water situations...

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Thu May 24, 2018 2:36 am

Fat swing impact, crazy flapper, yamamoto 4” dt grub, smallie beaver

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:Very Small jig,

Caught a PB smallmouth on one in Green Pumpkin. Was throwing the 1/2oz with a Netbait Paca Chunk in Green Pumpkin Candy. Still have a few of them actually even throw the Bass Patrol Silicone ones are overall better (aside of the tungsten sensitivity, hook needing sharpening, etc.) and they are WAY cheaper with a more stout hook. I will take the stouter Mustad hook over the sharper very light Gama in this Football jig situation because I lost a good one to the Keitech FB jig once. Had her to the boat, real nice 4-5lb and just put to much force, straighten the hook. Was using 16lb Sunline, that jig could probably handle 8lb fluorocarbon in open water situations...

In my exploration of the limits of this Daiwa ags brent ehler rod and ss sv modified reel
I brought the jig in 1/4 oz. I’m using what I think is 10# Floro but I need to go to at least 12#
I’m just not sure that the honeycomb spool by megabass is able to withstand the pressure.
I’m looking for a trailer for the jig and will used it tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:35 am

Just don't use a ton of drag. I am using one of those DIY spools for the 1516 Zillion w/ 30 Braid now on a MH. I just don't set the drag real high so it will slip before a spool crumples.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu May 24, 2018 7:25 am

Yamamoto 4" grub :)

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:19 pm

I like those in 3/8 with the 2.8 swing impact fat Keitech recommends. I use a med xfast rod 10# Invizx on an SV105. Casts as far as it's possible to cast and slays em on certain days. They seem to like hitting it on the drop when it's hot out. Makes for a great search bait when they're inactive.
This is the way.