RC Trickster spinnerbait

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

RC Trickster spinnerbait

Post by pharmboy2010 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 am

Know these have a small cult following. After what seems like a pretty long hiatus, back available on TW. Really wish they sold just the blades to put on other spinnerbaits.

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: RC Trickster spinnerbait

Post by dirtygeary » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:38 am

These are some of favorite spinner baits. However, I do find they have inferior skirts. I always upgrade mine.

carter
Angler
Angler

Post by carter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 am

Tricksters are the best spinnerbaits bar none. Those blades are awesome. I was pumped to see them on TW the other day!

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:45 am

Question for you guys: I saw a video of Clunn talking about spinnerbaits, and when he talked about the Trickster, he claimed they vibrate so hard that you can expect the frame to snap after a few days of hard use. Seems like a bizarre comment, and one that doesn't inspire confidence. Do you have any experience to suggest this is true?

carter
Angler
Angler

Post by carter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am

Randingo wrote:Question for you guys: I saw a video of Clunn talking about spinnerbaits, and when he talked about the Trickster, he claimed they vibrate so hard that you can expect the frame to snap after a few days of hard use. Seems like a bizarre comment, and one that doesn't inspire confidence. Do you have any experience to suggest this is true?
I've still got and use a trickster that I purchased in 2006 or 07. Of course the skirt has been replaced but they hold up fine. I can't imagine he meant what he said literally.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Correction: Clunn said to an audience member if you take the blades off the Trickster and put them on another (presumably lighter wire) frame, they'd fatigue the wire to breaking within a day. Still an obvious exaggeration. BTW, he also says there are no good spinnerbait fishermen on tour anymore.

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Still one of my favorite spinnerbait to this day.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 am

i picked up a couple at my local wal-mart yesterday. they only had 1/2oz white and wht/chart.

i had 1 of these back in the day, and it really wasn't a very good bait. the new 1's have a small red teardrop bead on the shaft to prevent the clevis from getting past the bend.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 am

update. the trickster didn't make it but about an hour, then you had to pump it to get the front blade turning. i think i'll just stick with baits i assemble at home, i never seem to have any problems with those.