New Chatterbait

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Chatterbait

Post by joekaz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm

toddmc wrote:
joekaz wrote:
toddmc wrote:
joekaz wrote:
toddmc wrote:I call BS with a screen name like that. Why no link?
[-X
We are still waiting.
Do you think it was okay to basically call me a liar because of my screen name? At the time of my initial post I did not have a link to share. Since then my new B.A.S.S Times confirms my statement.
So, I'm not allowed to be cautious when someone with a screen name like yourself doesn't provide a source. All you have to do is provide a little more info. It's not that difficult to do so. Otherwise, it just looks like hearsay. We have a liberal media to provide plenty of that.
Asking about a link, I understand, but dissing my screen name was BS. Real classy. My name happens to be Joe Kaz. A few weeks ago I read a rumor about the Jackhammer and it was confirmed a few days ago by a BPS employee showing me a pic on his phone. I didn't have the pic, so no link to give. No one else but you had a problem with my post. I'm not surprised with a screen name like yours.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:12 pm

toddmc wrote: The JDM Jack Hammer has been discussed on TT and other forums for about a year because Brett Hite has used it. It's not new news. Everyone that knows that Brett signed with Chatterbait is wondering what the deal is. Is Evergreen just paying a fee for the Chatterbait patent and bringing the JDM version to the US, or is there a different collaboration version being created because the OP and you don't give any indication? I don't speak Japanese and I don't know if the video mentions anything related to this.
I know that, however I wasn't able to find it in Japan with my sources living there. The youtube video just recently been uploaded on Evergreen channel. It might be now listed in the Evergreen catalog. I think it is the same bait Hite was using previously and Evergreen will pay for patent or partially share revenue of that Jackhammer sale on US market.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 am

Cracker wrote:
toddmc wrote: The JDM Jack Hammer has been discussed on TT and other forums for about a year because Brett Hite has used it. It's not new news. Everyone that knows that Brett signed with Chatterbait is wondering what the deal is. Is Evergreen just paying a fee for the Chatterbait patent and bringing the JDM version to the US, or is there a different collaboration version being created because the OP and you don't give any indication? I don't speak Japanese and I don't know if the video mentions anything related to this.
I know that, however I wasn't able to find it in Japan with my sources living there. The youtube video just recently been uploaded on Evergreen channel. It might be now listed in the Evergreen catalog. I think it is the same bait Hite was using previously and Evergreen will pay for patent or partially share revenue of that Jackhammer sale on US market.
Thanks. That is more of what I was looking for. I was on Evergreen's site and the net last week looking to see if there was any new info on the Jack Hammer. I didn't have any luck. I think I missed that video by a day or two. That is why I was questioning the OP.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:00 am

joekaz wrote:
toddmc wrote:
joekaz wrote:
toddmc wrote:
joekaz wrote: [-X
We are still waiting.
Do you think it was okay to basically call me a liar because of my screen name? At the time of my initial post I did not have a link to share. Since then my new B.A.S.S Times confirms my statement.
So, I'm not allowed to be cautious when someone with a screen name like yourself doesn't provide a source. All you have to do is provide a little more info. It's not that difficult to do so. Otherwise, it just looks like hearsay. We have a liberal media to provide plenty of that.
Asking about a link, I understand, but dissing my screen name was BS. Real classy. My name happens to be Joe Kaz. A few weeks ago I read a rumor about the Jackhammer and it was confirmed a few days ago by a BPS employee showing me a pic on his phone. I didn't have the pic, so no link to give. No one else but you had a problem with my post. I'm not surprised with a screen name like yours.
That wasn't so hard was it? You shouldn't get so butt hurt when you leave things up to speculation and you have a screen name that that can be misconstrued. My apology is on the way in the form of a tube of Preparation-H.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:39 am

toddmc wrote:
joekaz wrote:
toddmc wrote:
joekaz wrote:
toddmc wrote: We are still waiting.
That wasn't so hard was it? You shouldn't get so butt hurt when you leave things up to speculation and you have a screen name that that can be misconstrued. My apology is on the way in the form of a tube of Preparation-H.
Thanks a lot, the ointment should make my todd feel much better. ------------------------------------------- Just kidding.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:27 am

I've been tracking this lure since last year. I have an order on the way for several. I'll post some thoughts once I get a chance to use them in about a week.

FWIW, an ebay seller has some up, but at $17 per. Much cheaper ordering from a Japanese tackle site (in part taking advantage of the favorable dollar to yen exchange rate).

And no, the video doesn't not mention Hite's connection to Zman. Further, it is my understanding that the Jackhammer will be a Japan only product.

It wouldn't be good business for Zman to allow another lure company to sell a much better version of their flagship product here. ;)

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:53 am

jmb27 wrote:I've been tracking this lure since last year. I have an order on the way for several. I'll post some thoughts once I get a chance to use them in about a week.

FWIW, an ebay seller has some up, but at $17 per. Much cheaper ordering from a Japanese tackle site (in part taking advantage of the favorable dollar to yen exchange rate).

And no, the video doesn't not mention Hite's connection to Zman. Further, it is my understanding that the Jackhammer will be a Japan only product.

It wouldn't be good business for Zman to allow another lure company to sell a much better version of their flagship product here. ;)
There is going to be a Z man Chatterbait Jackhammer. The latest B.A.S.S. Times shows a pic with some info and Brett Hite mentions the Chatterbait Jackhammer in the latest Bassmaster magazine. Sorry, but I don't know how to upload pics. :oops: Evergreen pro Brett Hite is now sponsored by Chatterbait also. Evergreen's new partnership with Z man is there way of offering the Jackhammer in the US due to Z man's patent of having the blade directly attached to the jig head. The price is $15.99. :shock:

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:41 pm

joekaz wrote:
jmb27 wrote:I've been tracking this lure since last year. I have an order on the way for several. I'll post some thoughts once I get a chance to use them in about a week.

There is going to be a Z man Chatterbait Jackhammer. The latest B.A.S.S. Times shows a pic with some info and Brett Hite mentions the Chatterbait Jackhammer in the latest Bassmaster magazine. Sorry, but I don't know how to upload pics. :oops: Evergreen pro Brett Hite is now sponsored by Chatterbait also. Evergreen's new partnership with Z man is there way of offering the Jackhammer in the US due to Z man's patent of having the blade directly attached to the jig head. The price is $15.99. :shock:
Thank you for the clarification--I have seen the bass times info and you are correct.

However, I wonder what kind of success it will have at that price point. Further, you are better off (if you are buying more than one or two) ordering from Japan--based upon the current exchange rate, I paid $9 per and it's still cheaper after factoring in shipping.

Of course, the irony is that if Zman all these years just focused on making a great bait with quality components instead of issuing the threat of legal action against other manufacturers, they'd have no real need for the attorneys as they would dominate the market, even with knockoffs (kinda like how the Senko does even with the multitude of knockoffs of that bait).

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 am

I won't be supporting Zman, I'll keep throwing my D&M customs that are 1000x better in every way, yet they got pushed off the market by a lame company that wants to run a monopoly with a garbage product [-X Jackhammer looks nice, but would have preferred to keep them seperate from Zman.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 am

Taken from the BBC boards--post was made by a representative of Zman:

someone just gave me a heads up about this thread, and I wanted to provide a little bit of first-hand information on the new ChatterBait Jack Hammer that will be released at the Bassmaster Classic in a few weeks. We have been planning this launch for quite some time now and have been in touch with Brett Hite about working with him on a premium bladed jig built to his specs for even longer. Brett is truly a bladed jig guru, not to mention a great guy, so we're really excited to be working with him.

Evergreen is a Japanese company, and like several other Japanese companies (MegaBass, Lucky Craft, etc.), they specialize in super premium, high end baits. The Jack Hammer is no different; the detail, components, and construction are truly second to none. This bait was completely spec'ed out by Brett, right down to the color schemes, skirt patterns, blade colors, center of gravity, hook size and length, and more. Of course, the bait very obviously falls under our US patents and trademarks, so Evergreen initiated this project without any expectation that they would be able to sell these baits in the US. Unlike other companies we've come across, Evergreen was very upfront about this and did not intend to go after the US market without Z-Man on board.

Knowing that this bait would have a higher retail price point than any of our other offerings, we debated (just momentarily!) on whether to make this product available to the US market via Z-Man. The conclusion that we reached was that we would rather make it available and let consumers decide whether it was worth the price tag. I know that I personally pay at least that much for Lucky Craft, MegaBass, and Evergreen hard baits; a couple of folks have commented that a bladed jig is just a jig, a blade, and a skirt, but a hard bait is just a piece of plastic and a couple of hooks! If high-end Japanese hard baits aren't for you, then this bait may not be either, though we certainly feel like this bait has a place in our line-up based on initial feedback and demand from tournament anglers. The good news is that if you don't want to spring for the Jack Hammer, there are plenty of less expensive ChatterBait options that feature high quality components and name-brand hooks and have won plenty of money on tour: the ChatterBait Elite, Project Z ChatterBait, TackleWarehouse ChatterBait Custom, and Bass Pro XPS ChatterBait Pro. We're even equipping the new Original ChatterBaits with the new style quick-clip, and to-date, we haven't heard of a single failure on this style clip!

Our goal all along has been to provide anglers with the best tools possible at a variety of price points, and the goal with the Jack Hammer is no different. We're really excited about this product launch and are glad to see that several others here are too! Please feel free to e-mail us at info@zmanfishing.com if you have any questions!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:53 am

I was also looking at the BBC thread and I was surprised to learn that the Evergreen factory is going to make all of the models sold in the US and abroad. At least we know the quality will, more than likely, be good.
I've made my own modified bladed jig with a custom bait keeper for almost a decade. Mine are custom tuned to my specs and have proven very effective with multiple double digit fish and many 30lb.+ stringers. I have been wanting to get my hands on this bait for the last year so that I can make comparisons.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:48 am

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:40 pm

$16 is hilarious.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Its pretty much Evergreen paying Z-Man to be able to sell chatterbaits in the US due to patent.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Half price goes to Z Man, half goes to Evergreen, customers pay double.