Rattle strap collar for jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
sprogk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Rattle strap collar for jigs

Post by sprogk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 am

Where do you guys buy your rattle collars from? The collars I bought ended up being low quality..
The hole for the hook is blocked on most...and they not "clean" molded like you'd expect. (Fluffy like rubber-bad mold)
A lot of them just tear when I try add them to my jigs.

I use these only for adding rattles to my jig..it doesn't hold the skirt.
1.So where can I buy high quality collar & rattles...
2. and what the preferred/best way to add rattles to jigs. (I saw a 7mm glass rattle pod which looks good.)

Picture attached is to show what my current rattle collars look like..but mine aren't as clean as the one pictured.
Attachments
rattle-straps-tn.jpg
rattle-straps-tn.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 4608 times

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Rattle strap collar for jigs

Post by cadman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:27 am

It's a crap shoot on getting really cleanly molded rattle collars. First of all they will not hold a skirt on, because it has to stretch so much, you will usually break them. The ones you show are mainly used by tying it on, or slipped over the second collar on a two collar jig. You can also just wire tie or thread tie the collars directly onto your jig.

sprogk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sprogk » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 am

I like to add/remove rattles as required. I know its not ideal but hey clear water doesn't require rattles lol.
We'll if anyone has any suggestions on where I can get good quality collars feel free to share.

jtgibso1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jtgibso1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:38 am

i got some from TW recently and they were about half and half as far as cleanly molded. broke a couple trying to fit them over the keeper.

sprogk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sprogk » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:23 am

So I found a seller on ebay that sells rattle straps and they are great quality. Double the price but if you are seeking quality then give him a try.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Rattle-Straps-wit ... nav=SEARCH

Sprogk