War Eagle Double Willow vs Screamin Eagle

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

War Eagle Double Willow vs Screamin Eagle

Post by ogrich31 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:28 pm

For those who have used both, what's the difference? I've only ever bought the Screamin Eagle and they're great for burning and has very little resistance, but I find myself throwing other spinnerbaits when I need to go a little slower. Thinking about buying the regular double willow one, but I figured I might as well ask you guys first.

Thanks!

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: War Eagle Double Willow vs Screamin Eagle

Post by mprestonSEK » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:36 am

You're right on track. The Screamin Eagle is great for burning and running a little deeper due to less resistance from the smaller blades. The double willow version will have more resistance and be able to be slow rolled.

Also, if you want some recommendations on other good spinnerbaits, I'd be happy to chime in.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:44 am

mprestonSEK wrote:You're right on track. The Screamin Eagle is great for burning and running a little deeper due to less resistance from the smaller blades. The double willow version will have more resistance and be able to be slow rolled.

Also, if you want some recommendations on other good spinnerbaits, I'd be happy to chime in.
Thanks for the reply. What spinnerbaits would you recommend? I've been having good results on the Lucky Craft spinnerbaits actually, both the double willow and tandem ones.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:29 am

The Lucky Craft Skt spinnerbait is on my list to try out. My top recommendation would be the Revenge Deep Runner. On many occasions it has out fished other spinnerbaits by a wide margin for me. They are a little more pricey than War Eagles, but they have very good durability and slightly better components. There are lots of options to pick from when it comes to Revenge, all solid choices. As far as color selection, my favorite is the Chartreuse Shad DBL Wil Slv/Gold.