Go to jigs for largemouth

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Ditch Pickler
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Go to jigs for largemouth

Post by Ditch Pickler » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:31 am

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Go to jigs for largemouth

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:46 am

North star and Dirty Jigs are top notch in my book :-$

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:49 pm

I like boo yah, and original lake forktrophy jigs

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 am

Not a better designed jig than the nutech jig IMO. MOre than hype, it actually does what it says.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Omega Jigs... Been using them for 8 years or so and its the only jig ill touch..
Skips like a champ, great solid hooks, Pro Tie skirts that wont fall off...

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 pm

Been a big fan of Siebert Outdoors jigs, but they sponsor Bass Resource so I may have to switch... lol.
In all honesty their jigs are superb, I use a lot of the 3/8 oz. Brush jigs.

Mothra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mothra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:21 am

Northstar

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:46 am

I tie my own jigs but don't pour my own heads. I use elken of idaho for my jig head needs. He makes nice heads for all of my needs, swim jigs, ledge hair jigs, football jigs, casting and flipping. I like to get out early in the season with hair and he makes nice small 1/16-1/4oz versions of all my favorites. good mustad hooks great long lasting paint, and they come with weed guards unattached so its easy to tie. very reasonable prices too.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:46 am

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:42 am

NJ Jigman wrote:I tie my own jigs but don't pour my own heads. I use elken of idaho for my jig head needs. He makes nice heads for all of my needs, swim jigs, ledge hair jigs, football jigs, casting and flipping. I like to get out early in the season with hair and he makes nice small 1/16-1/4oz versions of all my favorites. good mustad hooks great long lasting paint, and they come with weed guards unattached so its easy to tie. very reasonable prices too.
I tie my own now, but I'll only use the nutech heads. More expensive but well worth it IMO.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 am

NJ Jigman wrote:I tie my own jigs but don't pour my own heads. I use elken of idaho for my jig head needs. He makes nice heads for all of my needs, swim jigs, ledge hair jigs, football jigs, casting and flipping. I like to get out early in the season with hair and he makes nice small 1/16-1/4oz versions of all my favorites. good mustad hooks great long lasting paint, and they come with weed guards unattached so its easy to tie. very reasonable prices too.
He has a ton of colors but is there a way to order online? Seems like I have to email him for an order.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:06 pm

I mainly use the various Strike King Jigs. These seem to offer the best value for money.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:20 pm

The Perfect Jig for me. Locally made and very popular up here in Ontario.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm

This brings back a nightmare
I was fishing in a pond with and eco pro tungsten trokar flipping jig with about 14# sunline floro and soon as i popped it out the grass ..smack.. It had to be the biggest fish in the pond. After about 3 min I was able to see the monster SOFT SHELL Turtle.
I wanted my jig back and the battle was on. It was a stalemate for 15 or so mins as the line would not break and the jig was in his mouth so good. Eventally the line had to be separated as I could not get my jig back.

Two days ago, I was using this sunline 20# supernatural, MB PV, Daiwa Z pitched a 1/2 dirty jigs flippn jig in a tight opening.
I was simple target casting but on about the 3 time a 8lb bass smacked it and the fight was on. The problem is there is an 8 foot or larger alligator in the lake and when he hears commotions he comes. I had this fish hooked good and was on a structure above him
when the natural an only way to get the fish would be to lip him. HOWEVER the thought of where I was and what was there came to mind. I looked up and about 30yards away this gator is coming and he is not coming to investigate. I tried to pull the fish up when the line snapped. Pissy day but I had my arm and the fish swam away with the jig.

Now that i have gotten all that out..

I would have to say that
Eco Pro Tungsten flipping jigs are good and come through grass easy. They are small and compact, I have found that the excite baits raptor chunk is the best on this jig. Casting swimming and pitching are great but again... very compact jig

Mesu Fishing bomb Jig is the same thing only not tungsten. It has the same type of keeper as the jig above but is bigger in size.
Its a great jig but the head of this jigs makes it come though pads and slide through junk really well. I started out using this jig and
would say that there is no better time to use this jig than right now.

Dirty Jigs HP flipping Jig is my last jig. Its great for just about every thing..best trailer are the yum papi craw or zoom tiny brush hog. Whatever you want to do its the jig to do it with. Great product

These are the only jigs i use and other than the horror stories above nothing but great things to say about them.

tim_kovar
Angler
Angler

Post by tim_kovar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 pm

I would say Dirty Jigs or Nutech for me. The Nutech's truly due stick them in the top of the mouth basically every time.