Outkast Jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Outkast Jigs

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 am

anyone use any of them? and how did you like them? What weight and model was it?

Demoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Outkast Jigs

Post by Demoman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:28 am

goldrod wrote:anyone use any of them? and how did you like them? What weight and model was it?
I used the RT for a short run during last spring. Love the head desing, caught a mess of largies on them too, but I flat out straightened the hooks out after a hand full of fish. 20 lb Flouro and a flipping stick is too much for the RT series jigs. They have an RTX series with a stoughter hook, but by the time I got to that I just started making my own jigs. The Outkast head design is incredible for coming in and out of wood and limby structure without hanging up. If you aren't using heavy flipping rods or braid the RT series is a good choice, but you won't want them for heavy duty work. Hooks won't handle it. I use 3/8 oz and 1/2 oz for 75% of my day to day cover fishing.

Poppin Frog
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Poppin Frog » Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 pm

The RTX Jigs are awesome. Tough chip proof paint, strong 30 degree hook, double-barb keeper, loud removable rattle. I have been fishing jigs for over 30 years and since trying out the RTX jig last season(2016), it has become the only flipping/pitching jig I use now. Great in both weeds and wood. Highly recommended.

Agree with Demoman on the RT. basically the same jig as the RTX but the RTX definitely has a much stronger hook.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Mon May 22, 2017 2:33 pm

They discontinued my fav OutKast swimjig.... 3/8 in a form of shad chart color.