Trailer hook tubing ...

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Trailer hook tubing ...

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 am

Hey fellas I was wondering where I could get the correct trailer hook tubing that goes In the eyelet so the hook will stay on the main hook so it won't fall out . Any info would be helpful , looking for a clear tubing ...

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Trailer hook tubing ...

Post by tditox4 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:46 am

Non latex aquarium tubing , the laeger diameter stuff . I am not sure if it is a type of vinyl or not , but it does not rot .Cut a piece of the tubing lengthwise . Put your trailer hook on facing up or down ( I prefer up ) then cut an eight to quarter inch diameter disk from the tubing , it will be curved slightly downwards when the disk of tubing is centered overr the spinnerbait hookpiont and pushed on over the spinnerbait hook barb . I prefer the trailer hook to swing freely . That way it will always track in line with the spinnerbait when moving. When you put the tubing over yhe trailer hook eye , it does not always run straight because the spinnerbait hook point has to go through 2 thicknesses of tubing .

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am

Thanks for the tips, where could I purchase the tubing from ? A petstore ?

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:56 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:Thanks for the tips, where could I purchase the tubing from ? A petstore ?
Yes , a pet store or medical supply store.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:38 am

tditox4 wrote:... I prefer the trailer hook to swing freely . That way it will always track in line with the spinnerbait when moving. When you put the tubing over yhe trailer hook eye , it does not always run straight because the spinnerbait hook point has to go through 2 thicknesses of tubing .
X2

I also think that impact with the water at the end of a cast can push the trailer hook off to one side, where it remains if the tubing goes over the hook eye.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:45 am

WP_20150803_001.jpg
WP_20150803_001.jpg (97.19 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
You can also use this type of tubing on this type of wacky rig. Push the tubing all the way up to the worm.